#174014  by franklins_timmy

Looking to get a custom build done, price range would be $2500-$3500. Are there any builders out there in this price range? Nothing elaborate or fancy, just have an overall body & headstock shape/design in mind.
 #174016  by lbpesq

If you are looking for a bolt-on, you may find something in that price range. I think a custom set neck or neck-through is going to cost a bit more from any established builder.

Bill, tgo
 #174020  by strumminsix

Are you looking for GD looking guitars or onces hand made with high quality?

If the latter, I've got some intros I can make for you!
 #174023  by franklins_timmy

strumminsix wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:22 pm Are you looking for GD looking guitars or onces hand made with high quality?

Nah, not wanting a Dead style guitar build. Just looking to have a nice guitar built, that is inspired by, resembles a guitar I really like. But more of a stripped down version.
 #174024  by strumminsix

franklins_timmy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:10 pm
strumminsix wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:22 pm Are you looking for GD looking guitars or onces hand made with high quality?

Nah, not wanting a Dead style guitar build. Just looking to have a nice guitar built, that is inspired by, resembles a guitar I really like. But more of a stripped down version.
Gotcha. These are the guys: https://www.facebook.com/RiceCustomGuitars

I have 3 of their guitars. And have known the family for probably 15 years.
 #174025  by franklins_timmy

strumminsix wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:18 am

Thanks, reached out to Rich a few weeks ago. He is pretty much retired and wasn't taking any new builds. Bummer, looked like he built great guitars, was in my price range and heard nothing but good things. If you know of any others would be appreciated. Thanks again
 #174026  by strumminsix

franklins_timmy wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:50 pm

Thanks, reached out to Rich a few weeks ago. He is pretty much retired and wasn't taking any new builds. Bummer, looked like he built great guitars, was in my price range and heard nothing but good things. If you know of any others would be appreciated. Thanks again
Interesting. They still have a small stock of partially completed builds that are ready to be finalized and delivered. I play in a band with the family, I'll reach out now.
 #174027  by strumminsix

strumminsix wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:10 pm

Interesting. They still have a small stock of partially completed builds that are ready to be finalized and delivered. I play in a band with the family, I'll reach out now.
Hey Timmy, spoke with them. Most of their remaining guitars are either completed or nearing completion. No new custom builds, but no waiting either! I'd say talk to Rich again or Chris and see if something they have won't be close to your needs or tweakable to your needs. I love my RCG guitars. Cold dead hands love them. If there is better craftsmanship and love poured into instruments, I haven't seen it...

Here's what's in stock and ready to go.
https://www.canva.com/design/DAFU2rZTqT ... _n7iDjKdZc
 #174031  by franklins_timmy

strumminsix wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:48 am
strumminsix wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:10 pm

Hey Timmy, spoke with them. Most of their remaining guitars are either completed or nearing completion. No new custom builds, but no waiting either! I'd say talk to Rich again or Chris and see if something they have won't be close to your needs or tweakable to your needs. I love my RCG guitars. Cold dead hands love them. If there is better craftsmanship and love poured into instruments, I haven't seen it...

Here's what's in stock and ready to go.
https://www.canva.com/design/DAFU2rZTqT ... _n7iDjKdZc

Thanks for the effort & taking the time to reach out to them. Sure wish they were still building, really great looking guitars. Their DCT model would have been a good starting point for what I was wanting. With a few mods... different tone woods, HSH, 25" scale, rear rout, brass pickup plate, etc.
strumminsix liked this