#172298  by somedirection

Wow. What a gorgeous guitar. I wonder who the lucky owner of it is?

Oh right, it's me. It's even nicer in person than the photos.

Bob did a great job, awesome guy to work with and what an artist at his craft. This was my first full custom build (after many jerry casters and work with great people like Brian at IO, Scott Walker, Gray Brawer, etc) and Bob was just great at walking/talking me through options and ideas. I had looked at some other custom build options (none of the prior mentioned folks, not people on this board) but stopped when I heard/read horror stories. Bob is 180 degrees opposite. Rare to find someone with great artistry/mastery of their craft AND proactive and clear communication AND commitment to project milestones.

After seeing Bob's work on rukind for last several years I decided to pull the trigger. I loved Bob's wolf and tiger builds, but after seeing Neil and Jason's Coco wolf style guitars, I realized that Bob was building the sort of jerry guitar I was after - very jerry but very original too. Important to me were tiger electronics, coco/maple/coco sandwich, light weight (guitar has cut outs in maple wings), resonant (both unplugged and plugged in). Bob hit it out of the park.

If anyone has interest in working with Bob on a project, my piece of advice would be - do it. I remember being referred to a guy 15 years ago who did electronics on my first Jerry caster. Super nice guy, went above and beyond. I always thought I'd get this guy to do a custom build for me some day. But now I can't work with that guy anymore because his name is Scott Walker and he has a 4 year backlog and his own guitar builds are so valuable. I waited too long. Gotta move when you see talent.

I didn't want to make that mistake again, so I got Bob to build me a guitar while he's still (relatively) under the radar as an amazing builder.

cheers _ Des
wabisabied, augustwest1 liked this