#161987  by roknfnrol

Some late 70s/early 80s guitar called SD Curlee. Details from the previous owner:

"The mahogany body was sanded down and refinished in Danish oil like the original USA versions. I left the burn looking forearm wear mark because I liked the worn look it gave. I also filled the grain with grain filler tinted black for that speckled look. Frets were leveled, crowned and polished. I made a custom brass nut. Pickups are a vintage Seymour Duncan SSL-1 in the neck and 2 vintage Dimarzio double cream humbuckers. wired with 3 volumes and 2 toggles for the humbuckers which switch between split coil, off and humbucker. The brass pickguard was purchased on ebay and was made by fellow Dead fan. The brass knobs and switch tip were custom made for me by a machinist friend. I'ts 25.5 scale. 1.72" nut width. 9.5" fretboard radius. Neck thickness is roughly .76" at the 1st fret and .94" @ 12th fret. Weight is just under 8lbs. I have been repairing guitars for over 15 years and I'm a big Dead fan. This guitar was purchased and customized for my personal collection. I have too many guitars and this one doesn't get the play time it deserves."

I'm super excited to have a Garcia-inspired guitar. Can't wait to play it. I'll post vids to my youtube channel when it arrives - www.youtube.com/roknfnrol