#161968  by Gr8fulPickr
 Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:47 am
Hi all. New to the forum, so Howdy!!!

I just acquired a 2005 Phiga Tiger. It doesn't currently have any of the OBEL goodies and could probably stand to have some rewiring anyway.

I live internationally (Medellin, Colombia), so I would like to have this shipped to a tech that knows how to do this stuff before it ships to me. I reached out to Andrew at AOguitars and the guy in San Francisco who did Jerry's guitars (his name escapes me right now), but haven't heard back from them and need to figure out who could do this. Any suggestions?

Alternatively, if I have to get a tech here in Colombia to do this work, is it straightforward enough to do if schematics are supplied?
 #161974  by waldo041
 Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:39 pm
Gr8fulPickr wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:47 am
Hi all. New to the forum, so Howdy!!!

I just acquired a 2005 Phiga Tiger. It doesn't currently have any of the OBEL goodies and could probably stand to have some rewiring anyway.

I live internationally (Medellin, Colombia), so I would like to have this shipped to a tech that knows how to do this stuff before it ships to me. I reached out to Andrew at AOguitars and the guy in San Francisco who did Jerry's guitars (his name escapes me right now), but haven't heard back from them and need to figure out who could do this. Any suggestions?

Alternatively, if I have to get a tech here in Colombia to do this work, is it straightforward enough to do if schematics are supplied?
Welcome!

If i may be straightforward, learn to and do it yourself! It may take a little longer than expected to get what you are after going this route but the art is very simple to learn and time spent learning only makes you better at it. In your situation, if you have an issue down the road, you will be able to fire the iron back up and get things going again. A ton of info out there on soldering and of course Jerry's guitar schematics are all over here, dozin and the net.

~waldo
Last edited by waldo041 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Incaroads77, Gr8fulCadi, ac4468 and 2 others liked this
 #161975  by vwbob1974
 Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:58 pm
Waldo is absolutely right. You save a lot of time and money in the long run.
But before i learned how to do it myself, I too bought a phiga wolf 2nd hand and wanted all the bells and whistles added to it. I contacted Phil at phiga and he gave me a great price for all the upgrades and he got it done fast.
But if you can learn and do it yourself you absolutely should. There are a lot of people here that can offer guidance and advise. It's not as hard as you think. :)
 #161977  by ac4468
 Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:23 pm
DItto to the above. If you don't want to do it yourself, any good guitar tech should be able to follow the schematics. The first time I did it it took a little troubleshooting but it's rewarding. I'd imagine that shipping the guitar here, having all the electronics redone and shipped back would be ridiculously expensive. The worst that can happen is you screw up and have to pay someone anyway!
vwbob1974 liked this
 #161984  by Gr8fulPickr
 Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:45 am
Thanks all. I had kinda decided to just do it myself later. Does anyone sell kits for all of this?

If I want to upgrade the hardware (switches, knobs, etc), where is the best place to acquire that stuff?