#158526  by ac4468

A few more weeks of curing then final finishing and assembly. These are either Wenge/Maple/Purpleheart and Bubinga/Maple/Purpleheart.
ImageImage
 #158529  by ccw3432

Awesome! Very nice work. I love the look of the wenge top and back. It looks a lot like ebony. Is that the natural wood color or did you darken it?
 #158530  by ac4468

ccw3432 wrote:Awesome! Very nice work. I love the look of the wenge top and back. It looks a lot like ebony. Is that the natural wood color or did you darken it?
Thanks! That's the natural Wenge color. These particular pieces were fairly straight grained with consistent dark color. Some of the more figured pieces can get quite a bit of lighter browns mixed in.
 #158627  by ac4468

MajicWatts wrote:Beautiful
Do you have a website?
I've been looking for a builder for a custom job
Are you taking orders?
Thanks! I've been too busy lately to get a permanent site up and running however most of my builds can be seen here for the time being.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/114139893@N07/

I tend to follow the "If you build it, they will come" methodology although that may change soon. These guitars have been claimed already but I may have another of my personal guitars I'll part with. Sending you a PM.
 #158915  by MattMan

I'm fortunate to have acquired one of these builds. I couldn't be happier with how the purchase worked out. The axe is super fun and easy to play. Everything just feels rights. Anthony is a super cool guy and I love the guitar he made. I'm looking forward to putting my new axe to good use. Got a gig 12/9 and also New Year's.

Here's a quick tone test and some pics from my super cold garage (Detroit):

Last edited by MattMan on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #158917  by ac4468

Sounds great Matt. Not sure how you can handle the cold! I wasn't ready for 19 degrees in the Northeast just yet!
 #158918  by MattMan

ac4468 wrote:Sounds great Matt. Not sure how you can handle the cold! I wasn't ready for 19 degrees in the Northeast just yet!
Thanks Anthony. I really dig your axe. And yes, my fingers got progressively colder and the fluidity went out the window. Reminded me of playing trumpet with my brass quintet during the holiday season in the early 90's!
 #159127  by MattMan

FYI, visited my favorite guitar tech, Paul Schotzko from Elderly Music in Lansing, for the setup of the new axe I bought from Anthony (the African wenge Wolf/Tiger hybrid I recently purchased). I wanted the setup because I always bring new axes to Paul to setup for my preference. Paul was very impressed with the new axe Anthony made, and said the construction is exemplary, the neck and fret work are too notch, and the electronics are very clean. Paul has worked on alot of custom axes and he was very happy with this axe. The work he did was minimal ($45), and included smoothing out a few fret ends and a minor intonation adjust after tweaking the neck relief to my preference. I think this is a great commentary on the high quality and exceptional build of Anthony's guitars. Thanks, MM
 #159128  by ac4468

Phew!!! :-) Thanks so much Matt. Looking forward to videos from the your first gig in December. Spent the day prepping for the next run. Trying some new combinations with tops in Bubinga, Zebrawood, Wenge, Walnut, Sapele, and Cumaru.