#149884  by playingdead

I ordered this guitar long before it emerged that John Mayer was playing one with Dead and Company, but won't be too long before this one is ready. PIcked the woods from the Private Stock vault. Did not spec a middle pickup as the switching gets some nice options as it is and the piezo can be dialed in for a little extra sparkle. Not sure if this will replace my Tiger as a Grateful Dead guitar but looking forward to finding out.

Lefty PRS Private Stock P24
Semihollow with F hole
Ziricote top
Black limba back
Ziricote neck pattern regular
Ziricote fingerboard
Ziricote headstock veneer
Natural binding
Koa bird inlays
Koa Private Stock Eagle
57/08 pickups with zebra bobbins
Piezo pickup
Split piezo with blend control
5-way switching
High gloss nitro finish

Sample of wood inlays on a wood fretboard

#149885  by tcsned

damn! That's gonna be a gorgeous guitar when it's all done. I love ziricote, it makes a really pretty top.
 #149967  by Brandon Bowlds

Wow! a stunner. I love PRS guitars, I own about 5 myself including 3 PS. Helps that I have worked at one of their largest dealers for 15 years (Willcutt Guitars)

that is as nice as they come!
 #149968  by kurt eye

Cool. Can't wait to hear it.
 #149969  by cripeowner

That looks great! I like my 5310. I think they make very musical instruments and pickups. I personally just can't adjust to the 25" scale and probably never will.
 #149972  by Searing75

Very nice. I really dig the grain in that wood. Also, the fretboard looks great! I would most definitely
Get the middle pup option though myself.
 #150045  by tigerstrat

Meanwhile, for the umpteenth time, I'm tearing apart the same beat-up and hacked-up lefty Strato that I've had for 24 years, for yet another pickup configuration and wiring tweak... :hail: