#144700  by Jon S.

I've loved the tones of Artinger hollowbodies for some time - Gil Parrish, for example - but learned recently Matt's building solid bodies now, too.

#144707  by HeadSpace

Yeah, I have one of his semi-hollows. It's excellent and I'm sure the solid bodies are as well. I highly recommend checking out Matt's work if you're in the market for a custom axe. I got mine used, but he is, by all accounts, an easy guy to deal with who gets his builds done on time--or even early.
 #144783  by Jon S.

Yes, Parris. I've met and heard Gil three times, once at the Philly Guitar show at the Artinger booth, twice at Blues Alley in DC where I live. At the club, each time, he played both a Strat and Artinger. A close friend of mine here is Gil's close friend from high school so we had dinner together before one of the shows. Super nice guy. What I love about his playing is that though he's a jazzer, he works all kinds of influences into his playing, including rockabilly and even some countryish licks. A jazz purist might not go for him but I loved his phrasing.

mkaufman wrote:I know Gil. I never realized he played one as he typically plays a stock Strat.

btw. His last name is Parris.

mk
 #144786  by bluemule

I love his attention to detail. I saw some pics and videos of a hollowbody he did for Kimock that was unreal. Wish I could get my hands on that one.
 #145470  by Brandon Bowlds

Matt is building me a "hippie sandwich" guitar currently. I will post some pics. He will build whatever you want, very open to whatever ideas you may have.