#143349  by ccw3432

Glad to hear it's only temporary. :cool: Either the holiday line just went up or I must have been drunk at the time!
 #143351  by mgbills

I'm with Milo on this, and schmitdz for that matter.

I like to build my own stuff, but I've got many happy 1000's of Woodshed hours on my main Wald buffer. I've installed a few myself, although not as many as Milo I'm sure. The best parts. All the know how. And I'm always certain that it's not the problem. When you've got a wire wrong and you're driving yourself crazy with a continuity tester, it's really nice to feel that it's not the buffer.

And I really freakin' wish he was back with us. Surliness & all.
 #143354  by TI4-1009

mgbills wrote:And I really freakin' wish he was back with us. Surliness & all.
:lol: +1

I always thought I just loved him for the expertise- turns out I miss the surliness most. :lol:
 #143360  by elroy2288

I just want to chime in that Mike Wald was instrumental in helping me set up a JG rig. I emailed him asking what one needs and he sent me a really thoughtful email listing the various options and then helped me along the way with set up and installation questions. He didn't have to respond to my question or help me along the way at all and yet he did. That's kind! I hope he's well. Happy Holidays!

Andy :smile:
 #143361  by hippieguy1954

Mike always helped anyone who asked. He would gladly give his time and effort. All ya had to do is ask. That's something pretty rare these days.

It had to be very frustrating when he would have to repeat things over and over because people don't know how to use the search function and then have to respond to criticisms of naysayers on top of it etc. That gets real old, as you can imagine.

Lots of us miss him here. As you know, Mike is a HUGE contributor here and is responsible for helping MOST OF US get the Jerry tone we want.

Rock on Mike!