#142945  by Jon S.

Back for another post following another couple of months. I feel I now know my Wolf 2.1 inside out. I am so happy I bought it. It was worth every penny and waiting day. I can't emphasize how well the guitar plays and sounds and that's apart from its physical/cosmetic beauty which takes everyone's breath away. The on-board Stratoblaster is among its "secret weapons." It renders the guitar everything from a straight Strat-syle axe to a fire-breathing monster. The other day, the guys in my regular Dead band were unavailable so I pulled together a jam with a collection of folks. We started out with Dead but soon moved into other music, including a bunch of ABB. I flipped from the middle to the neck PUP, upped the Stratoblaster output, and I'm not exaggerating, heads were turning. People couldn't believe a Strat-style single coil guitar could sound that huge and fat. From what I've experienced of Leo's persona and approach to luthiery, I can't but see his guitars growing more and more refined with every batch. If you want a classic Fender, look pre-CBS. If you want a classic Scarlet Fire, look new.
 #144148  by Jon S.

UPDATE: I finally got an accurate postal scale to weigh my SF Wolf. It's exactly 8 lbs. 14 oz. By way of comparison, my Philtone "Tiger" weighs in at 9 lbs. 3 oz.).
 #144178  by Jon S.

When you come to No. VA to record it. :lol:

P.S. Consider this an open invite (really!) - I'll host a Dead jam at my place in your honor. :smile:
 #144183  by hippieguy1954

Jon S. wrote:When you come to No. VA to record it. :lol:

P.S. Consider this an open invite (really!) - I'll host a Dead jam at my place in your honor. :smile:
Well, I guess that is fair enough and a very kind invitation as well. You are always welcome here too. Let's see what the Spring and Summer bring. I'd love to jam with you and your mates. Oh, and I'll push the record button too :lol:
 #144197  by Jon S.

We surely do! (BTW, Ben, give John LeGuyader my regards. He's been by to jam also, a good man and I dig his bass playing a lot.)

Myself, I'm just back from Baltimore. One of the two Switchcraft stereo jacks on Wolfie went south (a rare happening for a Switchcraft jack but mine did) so Phil Jacoby http://www.philtone.com replaced it for me. While I was there, I had him slightly roll the fretboard edges on the far (bottom) side and dress the frets there accordingly for a smoother feel. Came out awesome!