#136982  by tatittle

Hey Now,
I am in the process of finally wiring up a proper Tiger wanna be Strat (OBEL, Super 2's, etc.) and as usual in my slothful procrastination took time out to throw some DiMarzio SC's I picked up cheap into another Strat. I believe they are True Velvet's or whatever the single coil Velvet model is, though they were OEM for Washburn or something so Im not absolutely sure (although the part numbers matched).

After a very brief test I find they have a good full bell-like quality. I wouldn't say they are Jerry sounding at all of course, at least not in my rig. They sound like Alnico 2's come to think of it, which I usually don't prefer. But I may prefer these to my SD SS1 vintage style pups, hard to tell since there in different guitars. I likely prefer the Surf 60's SD Antiquity overall, but these do have a very good bell quality. Matches well with an SDS-1 in the bridge; vintage Stratoblaster in this guitar too.
I haven't put any dirt on em yet, just straight into a small Fender.
 #137002  by Searing75

Is your name a play on Y.A. Tittle?
 #137011  by tatittle

No its just a meaningless word I came up spontaneously with when I was opening an account and wasn't using my real name. I always remember it for some reason so I just use it a lot now.
 #137307  by tatittle

Well they have a decent tone, but I don't think they'll last for me. Other pups do it just as well and offer more versatility, or just do it better in my ears. The mind (or my mind) is strange though...I love the sound of stuff one day and the next it just doesn't cut it--I guess this is a function of it really being in the hands; some days inspiration just isn't there.