#133641  by spinner

Hello. This forum is amazing, I wish I had known about it years ago. I'll try to be brief.
I am reassembling a Strat and I wanted to modify the wiring a bit. My vision is to remove the tone pots and the selector switch. I wish to wire an OBEL into the guitar, and have a master volume. That's it. My plan is to keep it super simple for now and have a buffer at the beginning of my effects loop, but outside the guitar. I am very new to this and I do have a few questions:

1. Is there any reason I can't put the buffer outside the guitar for now?
2. Is possible to route the TRS jack on the scratchplate? I will have all kinds of room there, and I was hoping there was a way to pull this off.
3. I am pretty much a useless goof when it comes to wiring. This guitar has been in pieces for a while, I'd just like to get it done. Is there an online resource where I could see a wiring diagram for 3 pickups (all on), OBEL jack, master volume and an output jack? Could anyone here assist me with such a diagram?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice. I am very grateful.
 #133651  by TI4-1009

The "go to" diagrams we all use are on Mike Wald's site:

http://www.wald-electronics.com/irwin.html

Go to the bottom and select either Tiger or Wolf- each page has a detailed wiring diagram for the guitar. You should be able to trace out what you need and leave off the rest.

No reason why you shouldn't be able to put the jack on the pickguard- just has to be a spot where it's routed out underneath.

Buffer outside the guitar? Do you mean like attached to the surface of the guitar? Some here have mounted the buffer in a pedal with good results, although ideally you want the buffer as close to the pickups as possible in the signal chain. On a strat a good place is the trem cavity on the back- assuming you don't need the trem. No Jer guitar worth its salt needs a tremolo :lol: "Tremolo? We don't need no steeenking tremolo." Oh allright, the Guild....