#132220  by Gr8fulGreg

So i decided a week ago that i would like to build a wolf. i have a highly modded strat and les paul but i dont really love them like i would love something of my own doing... SO that being said i did some buying...

first on the list was a band-saw (needed one anyway)
trip to sears and an hour and a half of putting it together and i got this

next i needed some wood... Living in SoCal i went to my local exotic wood place (Austin hard wood in santa ana)

I got a huge chunk of purple heart about 6 foot long 10 inches wide and 2 inches thick also got some curly maple tops and bottoms as well as a big board of curly for the layers the tops and bottoms are great finds and they look amazing...

last stop on the list was ol home depot for my clamps an some glue

nothing crazy there

... all my pickups i will get via my new (second job) as a guitar tech at guitar center... the discount over there is really really good so its safe to say i will grab stuff from there

THAT ALL BEING SAID

I need a wolf stop piece! im open to suggestion and helpful comments... also a template...
I also want to say its the forum that has helped me so much over the last few years with my playing and tones that i am after i really am truly happy to have found a place here even if i cant give back all the time everyone here is so helpful and kind so thanks for the love all i will keep every one up to date on this im hoping for it to be done around January
 #132225  by paulinnc

You need more clamps. I used jorgensen clamps because they are wider and that is what I was familiar with from working in a cabinet shop. You might want to practice gluing up some other pieces of less expensive wood before getting into the maple and purpleheart. I did and it really helped me to get a better idea of what I was doing. I watched tons of youtube videos too, great resource. The biggest lesson I learned is TAKE YOUR TIME and be patient.
 #132226  by Utah Joe

I bought a Wolf pickup ring and pickup selector plate from Matt Moriarty a couple of years ago just before he stopped selling parts. I was going to use them to do a Jerry mod on another guitar but ended up going with a Scott Walker instead. I also have a SDS-1 that I've owned since the late '70's. I'm open to offers so PM me if you're interested.
 #132253  by softmachine72

I have the stop pieces in stock a Scarlet Fire Guitars and you want to go with the wood 2-way screw clamps Jorgenson makes them, but they are on sale at Woodcraft all the Time. I also have the Lafayette knobs or the Alembic Style Too.