#131974  by PaulJay

Hey, I just wanted to mention that I finished my first guitar wiring project ever. I got to say it was kind of nerve racking.
It is a MIM strat with tiger wiring minus obel. I got through it with the guidance of MGBills (Marty). He is a very knowledgable and patient man And I can't thank him enough for his help. I want to thank the rest of you for all the info you contributed to the Board, that makes life a little easier for us novices.If anyone wants to see some photos check out my Flickr page. Please don't laugh at the wiring job it actually works. Thanks Paul http://www.flickr.com/photos/pauljay2
 #131997  by mgbills

Thanks PaulJay...but I'm just paying it forward.

A few years ago I took a guitar (LP 3-PU type) to 3 local guys. Nobody could give me a configuration I could remember. Push-pull coil splits. Screwed up Volume/Tone configs. All bad with no logic.

I learned from being frustrated with other guys, and from the kindness and knowledge of folks here. I have a long road ahead. But it is fun! I'm sorry that my verbiage is often as confusing as troubleshooting the issues.

Glad your geetar is working!
Peace
M