#119240  by ccw3432

Found these for sale locally for $200 obo for both. Anyone have any experience with them for a Jerry rig or any thoughts on how they may work. Looking for something to put some JBLs or Commonwealths into. It looks like they are Sunn Model 3M. Can't find much on the internet about them.

#119262  by tcsned

Are they closed back? That would probably be the biggest issue if so. I just got two Bag End ported, closed back cabs and cut the back out of one. I haven't wired it up yet but the closed back one is sweet. At least you've got one to experiment on :)
 #119272  by ccw3432

They are close backed. If they were a bit less money I'd just buy them and give one a try and see. It does have a front vent port.
 #119350  by ccw3432

I decided against the Sunn Speaker Cabs and went with a SSP 2X12 cab. I just ordered it last night after finding a deal on ebay for two newly listed E-120s. The guy had good feedback so I'm hoping for the best. Can't wait to get it all together.

I've really got the bug now. It started when I played my friends twin reverb reissue with Jensen speakers in it and was blown away at how much more responsive and better sounding it was over my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I'm expecting this setup to be a whole nother level! Still hunting for a MC250. The additiction continues on.
 #119374  by ccw3432

tcsned wrote:I saw some MC50s on eBay today. If you only need 50w those might be a good option.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... 1070191163

also keep an eye out for an MC100.
Thanks tcsned. I saw those as well. I'm going to wait for the right MC250 to come along. I like the idea of two channels in one amp.