#145055  by Dark_Star94

For my practice amp I am looking for a speaker in between a D120 and K120. I seen Weber California's but they are only 75 Watts. The tone I am going for is the Europe 72 with my Stratocaster. My main concern is that the 75 watt speakers tend to blow and the 200 watt is to loud. So a speaker between 100 watt and 150 watt is what I am looking for.
 #145057  by Dark_Star94

The specs say 200 w continuous program and 100 w continuous sine wave. I was kinda confused when reading the specs is it 100 Watt or 200 Watt. The amp is a Fender Mustang III. Surprisingly a good practice amp. It can get pretty close to a Twin without the loudness you just have to know how to tweak it.
 #145060  by Searing75

That amp only puts out 100 watts. A K120 would be perfect, and sound a lot better than any Weber. No offense to Weber speakers. It's just that those old JBL's are amazing!
 #145572  by Smolder

A D or a K will have an alnico magnet and a bit sweeter sounding that an E120, which will be enough wattage handling but has a ceramic magnet. A good alternative to the E is the Beyma Liberty which you can buy new. Having had a couple of weber Cali's I don't think they will get you there.
 #145603  by tcsned

The Eminence Commonwealth is a good speaker. I used a pair in a closed back Bag End cabinet. I liked them. I'm using Beyma Liberty speakers in an open back cab that I like more. I'm not sure how much is the speaker and how much is the cab.