#114792  by NSP

Does anyone have any experience with this reproduction recone kit from Sound Speaker Repair? I just got an E120 for next to nothing with a toasted cone and was curious if this would be worth trying.

Good, bad, ugly?

http://www.soundspeakerrepair.com/mm5/m ... de=KIT-JBL

Thanks,

-Tim
 #115823  by Smolder

I've never re-coned a speaker, so it would be a $90 crap shoot for me. I had one re-cone (not factory) by Dutch and Vin-tone.com for just a bit more than that that came out really nice.
 #115826  by JonnyBoy

Theses cones above I have used and they are awesome. They are really the closest OEM aftermarket version you can buy. My buddy that cones JBL speakers said he couldn't tell the difference between them at first sight. I heard even JBL's not making the new E kits like they use to, basically having clones made too. I am not for sure about that though, but I've heard it more than once from speaker guys. The above Link actually tried to recreate it as close as possible.... The speaker sounds awesome. Don't go for the copper wound round wire cheap ones, it has to be the old JBL materials at least! You won't be unhappy with that recone.