#106154  by MichaelCarolina

Any impact on performance for E120 with dented dust cap? Aesthetics is no issue for me. Any easy fix to smooth it out?
 #106155  by hogan

pull it back out by using some duct tape or a shop vac w/ no attachment on the hose. You have to be smooth though, are you smooth?
 #106156  by MichaelCarolina

I have the gentle touch of a butcher. Maybe have to get some spousal support on this. Thanks for the recommendation.

But any impact sonically? Even if it does not come out 100% am I losing anything?
 #106162  by hogan

I'm going to say probably not. I've had some that actually cracked and sounded like hell, but my dimpled/dented ones never demonstrated any ill sounding effects.
 #106165  by mijknahs

Agree with the crack or rip. Terrible buzzing. Denting does nothing. Just doesn't look cool.
 #106173  by MichaelCarolina

Duct tape pulled one all the way out and got about 50% of the other. I may go for round two later. If there is no issue with the sound, and with a tie dyed grill cover for aesthetics, we should be good to go. Thanks to all for the advice. DUCT TAPE - awesome.
 #106333  by Jon S.

It is my understanding the particle physicists first thought that gluons held the universe together but upon further inquiry they confirmed it's duct tape. :smile: