#152728  by zambiland

Much thanks to the seller!

It's a bit quirky, as you would expect for a 33 year old bass, but it sounds great and it's nice to have a Modulus 6 which shares features with my Starfire, such as tight string spacing, bridge closer to the middle of the body (putting the 12th fret in a different spot from regular Moduli) and neck shape.
 #152729  by hieronymous7

Congrats! I dig the string spacing on that - I don't think I noticed on the other forum, though not sure how I could miss it! Funny coincidence - just got back from seeing Phil play tonight at TXR!
 #152732  by Rusty the Scoob

Score and a half!! Tell us more! I dig the neck shift to the left but see some other interesting quirks too - almost an Alembic-style bridge and three Hat knobs, and their very familiar mounting style on the pickups...

And where did you dig up a TBX?
 #153838  by seanc

pre-head cheese modulus..
nice.
 #154030  by zambiland

It now has Alembic pickups in it and is vastly improved in tone. Still have to work out the right electronics.
 #154061  by zambiland

Rusty the Scoob wrote:
zambiland wrote:It now has Alembic pickups in it and is vastly improved in tone. Still have to work out the right electronics.
What did it have, Barts? EMGs really opened mine up, Alembics must be sick!

It had some Barts. I generally like Barts, but these were sort of weird and had lots of midrange bumps and notches. The Alembics are what you'd expect, deep, open, and clear sounding.

I also put some Pyramid flats on and that really helped, too!