#148059  by brbadg

Not gonna let this one pass me by!
 #148839  by GuildBass

Just received mine last Thursday. Worth the wait.
Same delightful neck as the single pickup model (of which Mr. Jack Casady commented when playing mine at FPR "they got it right")
Fit and finish are nice. Pickups are very good. Not Curtis Novak good, but I don't have the urge to swap them soon.

Plus, it's a natural mahogany Starfire bass. I mean how much more Lesh can you get with a stock bass? (Yes, his was red when it had bi-sonics in it, but you know what I mean)

Plays and sounds great stock.

Even better with flats.

#148885  by zambiland

Nice! Time to get a real bridge on there, some buffers on the bottoms of the pickups, etc., etc.!

Just kidding, it looks great!
 #148895  by GuildBass

You're not far off from the thoughts in my head.
I have the bridge and tail piece, as well as a brass nut.
And the buffers for that matter in the form of a D-TAR Eclipse.
Just trying to decide if I want to go that route, as I kinda like this one as is.
On top of that, I have a build project going on that would be better served with the aforementioned parts.
 #149345  by Diggey

Curious, is this scale length on the reissue the same as "big brown"? I'm interested in one of these as a guitar player who noodles poorly on the bass with my looper for jam tracks. Sure looks great.
 #149346  by zambiland

Diggey wrote:Curious, is this scale length on the reissue the same as "big brown"? I'm interested in one of these as a guitar player who noodles poorly on the bass with my looper for jam tracks. Sure looks great.
It should be. 30.5".
 #149353  by GuildBass

Guild Short scale- 30.75"
 #149364  by Diggey

Has anyone swapped bridge and tail pieces yet or done other mods? If love to see pix. I see this in my near future.
 #151395  by TeeJay

Any update on the bridge/saddle mods on this reissue?
 #151656  by GuildBass

Honestly, I've been content with mine stock so far. However, in light of info I have seen on Casady's "Yggdrasil" I've been tempetd to go a similar direction. Namely with Stellartone Tone Stylers to simulate the unique circuit.

But... I do have another build still pending that should go very Phil/Alembic....