#141767  by BigBoyPete

I was wondering if anyone here can attest to their experience with these instruments, if their is anyone here who has played and/or owned one. I am looking for a Graphite neck, 32' scale, narrow spaced 6 string bass, with EMGs. Any and all input is greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Pete
 #160894  by Mokie

I own a Gould GGi5 and I love it. I've owned a Modulus Q5 in the past, but prefer the feel of the GGi5. Though they're fairly similar (same guy, go figure), the string spacing and feel of the neck on the GGi5 is a better fit for me. It's equipped with EMG, so that coupled with the graphite neck, it produces a very Modulus-like tone. The 5 and 6 strings are 35" scale, but Geoff Gould will build a bass to your specs--32', narrow spacing, EMGs, etc. Also, Geoff Gould is super cool. I had an issue with the truss rod on my GGi5 and just looked him up on facebook and messaged him. He got back to me right away and helped me out.

I really like graphite neck basses. I'd still love a new Modulus built to my specs, but they're so outrageously priced now. Geoff Gould can build a bass at that caliber and above for less than a new Modulus would cost you. The GGi5 is my go-to now and I can't say enough good things about it.
 #161196  by yodasfro

I have a GGi5 too excellent instrument. I would love to have him build me a guitar someday.