#141148  by Rusty the Scoob

Looks like they made it for him, and he's really happy to have it!

https://www.facebook.com/willthedrummer ... 2246026785
Three years ago, I approached Phil Lesh at the Boom Boom Room. I had just come from the Alembic Guitar and Bass Factory and offices. I'd spent close to two hours talking to Ron Wickersham that night (one of the most brilliant men in the history of Rock & Roll), and a week prior, I'd spent 3 hours sitting with his wife Susan and his daughter Mica. I had mentioned in a phone call to Susan that I was going to see Phil's son perform and she sent me with a message. That message was that it was time for Phil Lesh to return to Grateful Dead roots and get an Alembic Bass.

I approached Phil that night after the show and as soon as I mentioned that I'd been at Alembic, Phil pointed at a chair across from him and asked me to sit and preceded to ask me all about how Alembic was and how the family was doing. We spoke for 25 minutes and it was one of the greatest moments of my life to speak to someone who's music has made such an impression on me.

Shortly before I left, I took out a business card and handed it to Phil. I remember saying to him "it's about time we make you and all Alembic Bass."

He smiled, shook my hand and we parted ways.

Three years later, I had the pleasure of getting to hold the finished product. It's been a long time coming, but man is this a beautiful instrument. It's such an honor to work for a company that can produce something this beautiful. Enjoy Phil. I sure did.
 #141233  by brbadg

He just got that new Ritter.I'd be really surprised if he jumps to that Alembic right away.
 #141357  by tcsned

brbadg wrote:He just got that new Ritter.I'd be really surprised if he jumps to that Alembic right away.
Time to be surprised. Phil's been rocking the Alembic at Lockn this week
 #141526  by zambiland

brbadg wrote:He just got that new Ritter.I'd be really surprised if he jumps to that Alembic right away.
I wouldn't be that surprised. I'm more surprised that this didn't happen years ago. 6 string medium scale Series II just makes so much sense for him. I wouldn't kick it out of bed, either.