#89883  by MeAndMyUncle

Maybe some of you already know from the ICW forum, but this news is so awsome and so unbelievable, that I have to tell it here.

Last March I bought a 1978 Ibanez Professional 2680 Bob Weir Model from a german eBay seller for a IMHO good price.
I did some rework on it like replacing one PU with the original Super 80 Flying Fingers,
original Sure Grip controls etc. and NOS Gibraltar bridge (but still have the original)

You surely know the 1978 Ibanez catalog:
Source: http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/28/16.jpg

And this is mine how it looks now:

Now, today someone at ICW (thank you Greg :hail: ) had a closer look at the grains of both pics, another made a comparision pic (thank you Chuck :hail: ) :

And obviously both pics show one and the same guitar, since this compliance and concistence of the texture is stunning :peas: :drink:

Now I try to get some more information, how that axe made its way thru the last 32 years, to Germany an finally to me...

Klaus
Last edited by MeAndMyUncle on Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #89898  by Jon S.

So cool!
 #89903  by Chuckles

I'll be damned... Just from the catalog pic and your pic it is plainly obvious that they are one and the same. Now you've got to get a hard copy of the catalog and frame it for your music room wall!

That's really cool! I mean, you have to believe that they took what they thought was the best looking example of that model to put in the catalog, right? It means you've got a top-of-the-line version there, Klaus! Congrats, and it would indeed be interesting to know the road that it has travelled...
 #90016  by MeAndMyUncle

I asked the seller, if he's got some more information about the guitar and it's history.
But all he knows is, that some years ago, he bought it from some german guy offering it in classified ad of local magazine in the Cologne region.
And there I'm loosing tracks...

Klaus
 #104913  by ndrewoods

MeAndMyUncle wrote:I asked the seller, if he's got some more information about the guitar how to and it's history.
But all he knows is, that some years ago, he bought it from some german guy offering it in classified ad of local magazine in the Cologne region.
And there I'm loosing tracks...

Klaus
Now that is just amazing. I am thinking of who that german guy might be. But nonetheless, you have an awesome stuff you have.
Last edited by ndrewoods on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.