#85233  by strumminsix

I'm struggling to identify early effects used my Mr. Weir. Is it safe to assume that somewhere in the mid 70s he likely just had a wah pedal since I believe I hear a sorta "parked wah" sound like in Scarlet / Fire?
 #85235  by hogan

some sort of phase w/ the speed turned way down. Think those throbbing opening chords to Jack Straw, BTWind, LL Rain etc. He was using a phase 100 in '76.
 #85236  by strumminsix

hogan wrote:some sort of phase w/ the speed turned way down. Think those throbbing opening chords to Jack Straw, BTWind, LL Rain etc. He was using a phase 100 in '76.
Ahh, I totally can hear that. Feeling silly but I kinda forgot about using a Phaser with the speed down.

(btw, it's almost impossible not to jump on the double entendres of turning down speed and throbbing)
 #85245  by hogan

yeah, the only way I could have gayed this thread up anymore is if I typed it in pink.

fabulous!
 #85254  by FretfulDave

hogan wrote:yeah, the only way I could have gayed this thread up anymore is if I typed it in pink.

fabulous!
tough thread to join, for sure. :x

I'll chip in here and say that when I saw them at the Cap Theater in Passaic in '77, I do not remember any pedals for Bob. None. Nothing in front of him at any rate. I was pretty darn close in a small theater. Jerry had a couple and not used too much. The wah, I saw Jerry park on some tunes but not *really* rock the pedal. Maybe searching for that sound that he eventually got from the Mutron?

I am vaguely thinking that maybe in '78 or so Bob started having a couple pedals. He never had many. Trying to remember if he ever parked a wah and I can't picture it. Maybe just not at my shows, which were pretty much one, maybe two a year.

Not much to offer here and fuzzy memories at best. But I guess they are the best. :cool:

Dave
 #85304  by zambiland

I think in the very early 70s he might have had some Eventide boxes. You can hear some flange/chorus things going in '73/74 jams.
 #85316  by tigerstrat

eeeeee wrote:I think in the very early 70s he might have had some Eventide boxes. You can hear some flange/chorus things going in '73/74 jams.
Starting in '73, an Eventide Clockworks 1745 or 1745A digital delay and an Orban phase shifter. Something like that.