#165163  by Bluecat65

Greetings all,
I was looking for any advice on diving into the deep waters of Bob Weir Style Rythym Guitar.
I've been playing for decades but honestly sometimes I watch video of this guy & wonder "What on Earth is this guy up to?"

Has bob ever offered any advice on his style?
His Chord Voicings and Voice Leading is uniquely his own, IMHO.
Any articles or links to videos?
Thanks in advance to any & all here at rukind!
WeirGrateful liked this
 #165176  by tcsned

Ace7277 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:14 am I would be happy to help in any way!
check out my youtube channel Weir Grateful. or hit me up on Facebook under Brendan Connolly, or message me here.
He's got some great stuff and can really nail those parts
WeirGrateful, Bluecat65 liked this
 #165496  by Bluecat65

I will be checking out that weirgrateful link, for sure!
Brendon, I friended you on Facebook.
I have searched the guitar player and guitar world official sites & they didn't have any Bob lessons, so off to Youtube land, I guess.
Thanks again.
WeirGrateful liked this
 #165539  by cplayer2

Bluecat65 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:22 pm Greetings all,
I was looking for any advice on diving into the deep waters of Bob Weir Style Rythym Guitar.
I've been playing for decades but honestly sometimes I watch video of this guy & wonder "What on Earth is this guy up to?"

Has bob ever offered any advice on his style?
His Chord Voicings and Voice Leading is uniquely his own, IMHO.
Any articles or links to videos?
Thanks in advance to any & all here at rukind!
welcome! We are on the same deep water dive mate! I have found that learning the CAGED system helps me learn various chords formations I previously never played (always played the easiest chord where Bob plays more uncommon chord shapes)
Brenden at weirgrateful youtube does an excellent job. I study his videos often! cheers and good luck!!
WeirGrateful liked this