#145616  by nsandi9

Hey guys, I just got the Fractal Audio Axe Fx 2. For modern tones I was using the Eleven Rack but now I can't imagine going back to it. EVER. The Axe Fx 2 is incredible. Lately (the last couple years) I've been really obsessed with late 80s and 1990. I have found that The Axe Fx 2 has so much diversity that pretty much any digital age tone can be achieved. Does anybody have experience with this beast? I would love to chat about it.

Thanks,

Nick
 #145626  by James-T

For rythem guitar. It rocks. Gets a great crisp compressed tone. Every time.

Peace,

James.
 #145630  by NorthboundRain

I took me a while to get mine dialed in but now I don't think I'll ever use a Pedals > Amp > Cab setup again. There is a pretty extensive thread on this already in the "Jerry Tone" section you might want to check out. Also, read as much of the Fractal Audio community forum as you can, especially the Tech Notes section.

I'd highly recommend The Ownhammer UltraRes Cab Pack. It's a little spendy but has great IR's of a 4x12 loaded with JBL D-120's. I use the "Modern-Live" mix IR. I'm also hearing good things about the new Universal Noise Storage where the IR's were captured with a new technique but there aren't any JBL's or multi Mic mixes in that one.