#142145  by schmidtz

Though the majority of this board yearns for the Bobby tone of the seventies, I (being a young whippersnapper) am enamored with Bobby's current RatDog tone. I have therefore made it my quest to figure it out and paste it here for all to see:

Guitar
Rich Hoeg sunburst strat. Rosewood neck, seemingly ash body. Franlin Vintage Hot pickups with "Back Plate Noise Canceling Systems". Controls are on/off for each pickup, master volume, and master tone.

Amps
A pair of Oldfield Marquis 15's with a 4x8" speaker configuration. That's right. 4x8" speakers in each amp. The speakers are Weber Alnico Blue Pups. Other than the custom bamboo cabinets, these are stock Oldfields.

Effects
Two Line 6 M9's and a Boss TU-3.

Now, this is all that I've gathered, and from here it will be pure speculation. I believe the reason he is using two amps is to take advantage of stereo effects. The Line 6's each support 3 concurrent effects, and the fact that he is using two of them suggests that he is frequently using at least 4 effects. I *think* he is using:
1.) Delay (possibly the digital model)
2.) Reverb (unsure of model)
3.) Compressor (unsure if he uses compressor at all)
4.) Filter (tron UP)
5.) Chorus (seldom, unsure of model)
6.) Distortion (very seldom, unsure of model)

I am unsure of the models and the settings, so if anyone has more intimate knowledge, I would be dying to hear it!