#141546  by mkaufman

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... =824&kw=lg

From the seller:

this guitar is a one off copy of Bobby Weir's Cowboy Fancy Guitar. it is a Mohogany body and neck string thru design. it has a flame maple top that was made to look like a thru neck. this guitar has generic Korean made pickups. i am pretty sure the builder did this with the idea that the owner would want to install pickups of his or her liking. the four toggles switch for out of phase/single/single and double coil/double, double coil set up.

mk
 #141599  by shadowboxer

Looks interesting, wish he'd show the headstock though. I'm not a qualified to judge the quality of the inlay work on the fretboard and the body. Do any of our builders/experts have an opinion on what they see in the pictures?
 #141600  by Dozin

I asked him for pics and he said he would but never sent them
 #141604  by milobender

I'm not a qualified to judge the quality of the inlay work on the fretboard and the body. Do any of our builders/experts have an opinion on what they see in the pictures?
Pretty bizarre that anyone would make an 'imitation Ibanez' with the name plate in the fretboard... as to the quality, it's really hard to say with photos, but it looks like good construction, at least everything looks tight. It does look, however, like the neck is a set neck and not a neck-thru. The body is made to look like it, but the neck joint looks different. The inlay in the body looks well done, but the inlay in the fret board was pretty sloppy... you can see a lot of filler was used around the inlay material.

Just my .02 :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #141610  by milobender

On closer examination I can see the neck is 3, or 5 piece... and it may well be a neck thru, but what a strange cut at the spot where the back joins the neck... others may be able to say if this is the way the Ibanez Cowboy was constructed.
 #141735  by tatittle

There is no way I would buy this guitar for the price range he is asking w/o far more info, and probably actually trying it out. I am mostly interested in it bc I find his asking price bizarrely high.