#130673  by schmidtz

Wow. People eagerly snap up the reissue for $10k+. This guy will have no problem with even the buy it now price.

I'm probably very wrong, but I think the original had the Flying Fingers humbuckers, but it seems like the PUPs he's got in there are the same ones that others on this board have put in theirs, with very good results.
 #130723  by seamones

$10k for a reissue? Do you have any examples of this?

Routing for the third PUp, will impact the value of this one, significantly.
 #130734  by jeffm725

yeah, except to nuts like us, this guitar will not fetch as much as the same guitar with all original parts. Once you mod it, you take the collectors out of the equation.
 #130740  by zambiland

Anyone know the seller? Or the band? From the posting it seems like he gigged a lot.
 #130750  by jalevinemd

seamones wrote:$10k for a reissue? Do you have any examples of this?

Yeah...the only Ibanez reissues that came close to the 10K price tag were the Cowboys.
 #130764  by shadowboxer

Did Bob actually use this model in the Grateful Dead? I'm having a hard time finding any pictures of him playing it except in the Ibanez advertisement picture. If he did, what were the years that he used it? And how different is this model from the Cowboy Fancy model? I can see the rounded horns on the Cowboy versus more pointy horns on this one, the carve on the top looks different too. But is different wood used, and are both set necks?
 #130769  by Dozin

If I bought a 2681 it would end up looking like this. It's a perfect guitar for anyone who wants "the sound"

I know you want it MK ;)
 #130775  by schmidtz

jalevinemd wrote:
seamones wrote:$10k for a reissue? Do you have any examples of this?

Yeah...the only Ibanez reissues that came close to the 10K price tag were the Cowboys.
That's the guitar I was thinking of... :?
 #130784  by Staemius

Cool guitar - I wish the binding was nicer. So many of those 70's Ibanez guitars have their binding all cracked up. How bout the placement of the middle pickup? I should know this by now - but did Jerry's super II split to the neck or bridge (I was thinking it was the neck)?
 #130878  by shadowboxer

Did someone from here get it? I know the first auction ended without a sale, then somebody snagged it the second go round while I was sleeping.