#130030  by Dozin

mkaufman wrote:Just a correction to Dozin's video.

Both the AD230 and UE700 are analog (not digital) effects.

mk
LoL - yup
 #130031  by Dozin

flyingheelhook wrote:BTW, what is your set up for your clean tone you used before you cut in the phaser/flanger? Is that the AD-230 reverb? Any special equalization?
I've never been remotely close to this tone without having the Ibanez circuitry and the Dimarzio pickups. Without it you'll be chasing that tone forever, IMO. I still need to tweak it myself. I do use a touch of reverb. No bass.
 #130035  by flyingheelhook

I think I have the original pickups on the AR305 so I assume they are Dimarzios but I still can't figure it out. :? I don't even really know how to describe what I think I am hearing other than sort of a muffled bell crossed with something else. No bass at all on the amp?

I found some unobtrusive phaser settings that will work for now but the clean sound (not sure tone even suffices) is going to kill me if I can't find something even remotely close. Thanks for your help!
 #130037  by strumminsix

flyingheelhook wrote:I think I have the original pickups on the AR305 so I assume they are Dimarzios but I still can't figure it out. :? I don't even really know how to describe what I think I am hearing other than sort of a muffled bell crossed with something else. No bass at all on the amp?

I found some unobtrusive phaser settings that will work for now but the clean sound (not sure tone even suffices) is going to kill me if I can't find something even remotely close. Thanks for your help!
Get a Bobby clean sound first. Firstly, he was clean for so much of every show. Secondly, your effects will sound drastically different with a Bobby tone.
 #130042  by strumminsix

flyingheelhook wrote:Would you recommend trying to do all the equalization before the Twin, or maybe a little of both?
Depends, how close are you? IMO if you are 90% there EQ away! But if you aren't that close, and can't get that close with amp tonestack changes or pup height changes you should change guitars. It's an uphill battle to make non-Weir guitars sound like Weir.