#123361  by PaulJay

I am watching the live stream from the sweetwater and notice Bob playing a Vox Guitar. it looks brand new, anyone know about it?
 #123390  by NYFan

My completely uneducated guess on the guitar is a Vox Series 77 - only reason I think that is from looking a the Vox site. It's the only model in the color from what I can tell.

http://www.voxamps.com/guitars/series77/

Look like Mesa amps behind him too?

I went to Mesa's site and the closest looking item is the TA-30

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/ ... tml#gpm1_1
 #123406  by Utah Joe

Definitely a Mesa TA-30 2x12 combo. I've got the 1x12 and it's the best amp I've played through to date.
 #123413  by mgbills

I've played a couple of those TA-30's. Personally I'd do the head through a JBL, but it's a beautiful & very Jerry amp.

It'll give you clean all the way to ice-picky, and move volume than you'd think at 30 watts. It does do 40 watts in their Dyna-Watt mode, but I personally prefer the 30. I own the TA-15, but wish I'd waited for the 30 as it has reverb.

Love their stuff. On my Tier #2 GAS list.
Peace
M
 #123421  by brbadg

And of course it still sounds the same as the other gear he;s played through recently!
Last edited by brbadg on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #124626  by cmc64

brbadg wrote:And of course it still sounds the same as the other shit he;s played through recently!
There is a video of Weir at TRI fooling around with some Pigtronix pedals, the Envelope Phaser and Echolution Delay in particular - he is playing an archtop through a small, white Vox amp and has another amp in the room, looks like a Vox but I can make out the name on it. - sounds very good and of course, exactly as the other shit he plays through. :smile:

FWIW, the Envelope Phaser sounds VERY good - even with my Mu-Tron III and Mutron and MXR Phasers sitting around it is really tempting to pick one up. And it has an expression pedal input. Very functional and a wide array of tones - enough to keep you busy for months.

Dig it (if you haven't already)
 #124627  by gmchart

I figure that someday we'll find out that he's got this magic "Bobby Box" that makes everything sound the same. It's probably no bigger than a pack of smokes and fits in his pocket. Do clam diggers have pockets? Feel like I'm chasing a unicorn.
 #124632  by strumminsix

It's not all that mysterious... High pass filter with a presence boost.

Then just play it even though it sounds harsh on its own.

Personally, I think his 76 tone was a great combo of full yet chimey!
 #125239  by barefootdave

It's not all that mysterious... High pass filter with a presence boost.

Then just play it even though it sounds harsh on its own.

Personally, I think his 76 tone was a great combo of full yet chimey!

+++

Yeah, thirty five years ago he sounded great!

I love Bobby though, even when he sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard.