#174324  by bzbz

Well, I always kenw the Octave was used nicely in Stranger, parts of Terrapin, Looks Like Rain, Dupree's, etc

But I started listening specifically for it - and have discovered it pops up in a lot of places - I heard an 82 Bird Song and think the entire solo had use of the Octave, I hear it in The Wheel, parts of Deal solos with distortion, tiny parts of JGB The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down, and I keep finding it in places I never suspected -

just found it interesting
 #174325  by lbpesq

I mostly use my octave pedal (lawsuit Mooer Tender Octaver - illegal clone of EHX Pog) set with octave up only to simulate a 12 string guitar.

Bill, tgo
Limestone liked this
 #174360  by Darkstar860

Ive found more and more uses for my Behringer Octave Divider in recent months. Its def in the mix more than one may think when ya start really listening for it. For sure.

Also on another topic I found the GR-30 Syth's Filter with the Mu-Tron and the Octave Divider is insane. Very 90s Jerry. :-)
 #174551  by Searing75

Slewfoot2000 wrote:Speaking of Octave pedals, anyone have any good recommendations for one that tracks well with chords for fun Jerry tones?
Jerry never used an octave pedal that could track chords. The Boss OC-2 was his most modern, and it only supported single note playing.
TI4-1009 liked this
 #174555  by OsamaKeefe

Slewfoot2000 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:21 am Speaking of Octave pedals, anyone have any good recommendations for one that tracks well with chords for fun Jerry tones?
EHX Pitchfork is a great octave pedal and it tracks chords and single notes really nicely. You can also tune the harmony to different intervals aside from an octave
 #174586  by Darkstar860

Im really digging this Behringer Octave Divider my buddy Luke gave me for my Bday. It looks the part and does the tone i like just perfect. Along with that new Stomp Under Foot Dire World, my tone just got 10x better to my ears :-)
 #174590  by Cumtax

green ringer paired with the octave is the best octave sound that exists in the guitar effects world. I don't get why there are only two options on the market (mutron\behringer)