#174061  by hmic10

I am sure it is some where, but just listened to the show, sounds amazing on the lead tones.

What pedals besides the BOSS HM would jerry be using? I am sure it's stacked with something since the HM sounds buzzy.
 #174062  by Slewfoot2000

The last show for Tiger! Rosebud would make its first appearance the following night.

It could be wrong, but I thought Jerry was still using a setup similar to this one in the image below. Could be wrong though.

#174064  by tdcrjeff

Slewfoot2000 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:01 am The last show for Tiger! Rosebud would make its first appearance the following night.

It could be wrong, but I thought Jerry was still using a setup similar to this one in the image below. Could be wrong though.

Well he certainly wasn't using the MXR Analog Delay any more (ADA rack one) and the Distortion+ was gone. He's got the two different yellow Boss overdrives in 1989. Is that the HM-2 to left of the yellow OD on the upper rack?

Frost May 1989:
 #174065  by NeilG1

Pretty sure that's on OC-2 octaver on the top rack, not an HM-2. You can see white lettering. The HM-2 is yellow
 #174066  by Slewfoot2000

I stand corrected! Think that diagram was technically from 87 so guess some changes happened somewhere in between.
 #174068  by tdcrjeff

NeilG1 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:49 am Pretty sure that's on OC-2 octaver on the top rack, not an HM-2. You can see white lettering. The HM-2 is yellow
But that's the Mutron octave (two switches)on the other side of the yellow OD, he had both octaves at once?

August @ Greek, but similar looking setup.
 #174069  by tdcrjeff

Of course somebody (or somebodies) has probably already figured all this out, would be great if all that knowledge was documented like it is with the guitar history.
 #174070  by NeilG1

tdcrjeff wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:33 pm
NeilG1 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:49 am Pretty sure that's on OC-2 octaver on the top rack, not an HM-2. You can see white lettering. The HM-2 is yellow
But that's the Mutron octave (two switches)on the other side of the yellow OD, he had both octaves at once?

Interesting! Good point. Still really looks like an OC-2 to me? I was pretty sure he was using the OC-2 by then, but wouldn't bet my house on it. I thought OC-2 was certainly in there by the mid 80's.

I used to remember all these dates. But as far as I know, Jerry went from the MXR D+ to the MXR 2000+ series distortion (released in 1982), and then to the combo of the Boss OD-1 and OD-2. He put an EQ in with that pair eventually too. There was a brief spell with an HM-2 in there as well, but very brief as far as I remember.
 #174071  by NeilG1

tdcrjeff wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:41 pm Of course somebody (or somebodies) has probably already figured all this out, would be great if all that knowledge was documented like it is with the guitar history.
It was all in Waldo's pages but he took most of them down. I'm sure people around here have the info.
SpringheelJak liked this
 #174250  by Searing75

OD-1 and the OD-2. As far as the HM-2 goes, I really think that was an extremely brief thing, if he used it at all. It’s become exaggerated urban legend.