#173614  by Phrygian

I recently sold off some underutilized gear and decided to get another Strat. The only Strat I have previously owned is an Am Std from 1987. I decided on a 1960 Journeyman model. I play a variety of music including surf and early RnR guitar instrumentals and thought this model would be a good fit. Here it is.

Before getting this guitar, I would usually use my Tele when playing along with Dead records. The bridge pu with the tone dialed down gives a reasonable Jerry tone at home volume level. No high volume saturation of course, but good enough for my learning and enjoyment. The middle pu on this Journeyman Strat sounds great and is now what I grab for playing with the band. A happy bonus!

NeilG1, strumminsix liked this
 #173615  by wleeds

with the Vibrolux, you have everything you need
 #173622  by Phrygian

The amp next to the VR is a Twin covered in snakeskin tolex. It sounds even better.
 #173627  by Slewfoot2000

Lovely! The Fiesta / Dakota red with Rosewood fretboards is one of the finest looking Strat combos to my eyes. Timeless. Enjoy!
 #173629  by Phrygian

Darkstar860 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:35 pm Looks like one of Knoplfers strats :-) I can dig it
Right! And the tone is there too! Now to work on my fingerstyle touch. Knopfler is a master of that.
 #173630  by Darkstar860

Only issue i have with that guitar is just the 21frets. I can play a guitar no problem with 21frets, but i use the 20-24 frets A LOT usually. I only own... one electric with 21 frets I think and thats a strat i build. One of my Teles maybe only 21 as well. So two guitars out of my 20+ roughly. The rest are 22 to 24frets. Ive been using my Wolfs for so long that its weird (in a good way) when i do pickup another guitar and jam with it. I own a really nice 1991 G&L 3bolt Legacy in sunburst. Thats my fav strat style guitar i have ever touched. I also own a G&L Commanche w birds eye FB and I put normal singles into. Those 2 guitars are amazing, owned them for about 20 years ? Neither have had to have any work done to them other than an occasional truss adjustment every 5 years or so. I use to own a bunch of G&L's but when i stopped touring for awhile there i kinda got rid of some really nice guitars :-(

I do not own anymore Fender guitars, I sold my last one about 5 years ago. Once i discovered G&L back in the late 90s, i never went back and i was holding onto 5 different Fender guitars that i just didnt like, i couldnt click with them. Funny how a guitar I didnt like can be someone elses gold. Ive tried out more guitars that i didnt like than i did like.

Anywhoo nice guitar there ;-)