#172020  by Jaycot

What modern effects would Jerry use? Jerry tended to use effects that added a different timbre to his bag of tricks (envelope filter, distortion, phaser) and for the most part he avoided the more ambient stuff(crazy delays and reverbs). Which modern pedals do you think he would use if he was still around today?
 #172025  by Jaycot

lbpesq wrote:He might have spent some more time with his guitar synth.

Bill, tgo
I think you’re probably right. I was thinking he would have also been working to expand his midi sound library. I’ve noticed that he mainly used his effects to give him another “voice” to work with
 #172027  by Jon S.

I'm not sure. Jerry changed plenty of elements of his rig over the years. The best question perhaps is what's occurred with effects since 1995 that might have interested him? Myself, I find that to be a tough nut to crack and lack ideas as to the specific new gear. But it's always been my impression of Jer that he would change his gear only when he felt the replacements were truly significant improvements but when he did feel this way, he did make changes.

#172028  by TI4-1009

I often wonder that. Good question for Big Steve. He and Jerry used to go on periodic music store runs checking out new stuff. Wonder if he would have been a Klon guy?

I think near the end he was really into the synth stuff ( "I am a great flutist.")
 #172040  by Jon S.

Have to share this one now!

lbpesq, bzbz liked this
 #172575  by KirstieTheWolf

if he decided to change things up we would probably see him at least experiment with modeling. I think the roland v-guitar stuff would have been likely and it builds on the midi thing. The pod was just a year away I think the tech geek in him definetly would try and aquire one
 #172587  by PurpleTrails

I could see him possibly using a Klon, even possibly ratcheted up into the second bank to get semi-distortion tones out of it. I also wonder if he might have gone to some of the strymon style digital delays, or a pog type of thing for the octave where it will track chords, unlike the mutron and boss version he used. Not sure if the latter two would fit in the synth side of discussions or not.