#171163  by hmic10

Picked up one from Jon S, love the sound; But I can't seem to dial the settings for a Jerry Tone;
Any Suggestions, I have Seymour Duncan Power Amp and going through a Weber California (15");
Getting Close though
 #171164  by NeilG1

Congrats. Great amp.
In general for Jerry tone, you want ZERO bass. Dime the treble. Mids around 4-6 (11:00-1:00 if you prefer that idea - can’t remember if FYD has numbers on the dials).
Reverb to taste.
Enjoy!
 #171165  by Jon S.

Follow Neil’s sagacious counsel and you won’t go wrong. ;) This being said, I ran my bass at 2 because I’m Jon, not Jerry. :D
 #171168  by cyrusj83

I got mine about two months ago and it took some adjusting but I agree with the general "Treble: 10, Bass: 0, Mid to taste" (my mid is 5). Reverb dwell at 10, output at 10, reverb knob at about 4. My settings still sounded pretty bassy until I put my 1x12 on a stand. Now, it's the best Jerry tone I've ever had (especially with my new 72 Blaster).
 #171170  by strumminsix

IMO the SD Poweramps are very dark and compressed sounding. That could be part of your tonal issue.
You may be able to get around that by feeding it a hotter signal that you normally would.
Jon S. liked this
 #171173  by Jon S.

I must admit, I had hoped you'd also buy my MC50 that I'd used for years with the FYD preamp. They were the perfect match for each other. When you declined my pre-public sale offer for it, I quickly sold it to someone else. But you can always start saving for another MC50 if you're so inclined.