#171142  by LazyLightning72

Hi folks,
I feel it’s only appropriate to give credit where it is due, and this definitely deserves it.

I’d like to start off by saying thank you again to Bill aka lbpesq, for helping me out like he did.

I wasn’t happy with the bridge that was on my Eastwood Wolf, and needed a modification done. Unfortunately, I didn’t really have any tools of my own, something I am currently working to fix.

After seeing Bill’s custom bridge, he made, I knew that’s how I wanted mine to be. Bill did an exceptional job, doing just that. He put longer saddle adjustment screws on, and put a washer and nut on the neck facing side.

I could not be happier with how it came out. I just took the strings off, to change the bridges out, and fixing to restring it here after I post this.

The bridge originally looked like this

After Bill’s modification

Just wanted to show off not only his work, but to say how great of a help he was for me.
Jon S., wabisabied liked this
 #171146  by lbpesq

On the original bridge, the adjusting screws did not go all the way through the neck side of the bridge. Rather than nuts on the end, they were secured with small e-clip fasteners on the inside of the tailpiece side of the bridge. These caused a rattle as the e-clips tended to move when a screw was adjusted. I drilled out the backside of the bridge so the adjustment screws went through, replaced the originals with longer screws, and secured them with nylon washers and nuts, set with Loctite, like on the original Alembic design. No more traveling e-clips, no more rattle.

Bill, tgo
LazyLightning72 liked this
 #171147  by LazyLightning72

Searing75 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:30 pm Looks great, but I am at a loss as to understand the purpose? The longer screws do not add to the width of the intonation track. Why use them?

Bill’s answer is spot on, and this did fix the issue. Plus I think it looks better, to be honest.

I am indeed very happy with it Bill.
Again Thank You
 #171153  by LazyLightning72

lbpesq wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:15 pm Well, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad it came out to your liking.

Bill, tgo
Just wanted to give you a quick update. The bridge is working flawlessly, there isn’t even a hint of a rattle anymore.

Thanks again Bill