#170612  by LazyLightning72

So my PS1 came yesterday, and I was so excited to play through it when my wife wet to bed. I unpack it, set it up on top of my new 65 Deluxe Reissue, turn it around to hook it up. Then came to a screeching hault, I don’t have a speaker cable. Just some short patch cords I use between my pedals, and a 25’ patch cord I use when my 10’ is too short to reach from my guitar to my amp.

In tiny print in the “manual” it clearly says, always use speaker cables for these connections. I missed it when I bought it,so it’s my fault, and I can have my wife pick a 1/4 speaker cable up at Target on Monday.

Since I’ve never used a attenuator, I want to make sure I hook this thing up right and don’t damage my amp, or the Bugera for that matter. So here is my question.

The cable that plugs my speaker into my amp is long enough to reach the attenuator. And unless I am just straight up wrong, it is a speaker cable, so I will only need to buy 1 additional speaker cable for the other connection?

Does this sound about right?

I can post a pic of the back of my amp, if it will help.

Thanks for any help
Chris
 #170616  by Gr8fulCadi

Correct, as long as it’s a speaker cable, good to go.

Always double check cables are plugged in correctly too before firing it up. Gets ya in the habit, jus in case......
LazyLightning72 liked this
 #170622  by Gr8fulCadi

Forgot to mention, I just caught it actually......you’ll need a female to female 1/4 inch adapter. That will plug into the amps speaker wire 1/4 inch plug, then the new speaker cable into that.....then to the PS1.

Edit: Ughhh reading comprehension.....Thought the plug was not long enough from the speakers to the PS1. Carry on!!
LazyLightning72 liked this
 #170629  by LazyLightning72

Gr8fulCadi wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:17 pm Forgot to mention, I just caught it actually......you’ll need a female to female 1/4 inch adapter. That will plug into the amps speaker wire 1/4 inch plug, then the new speaker cable into that.....then to the PS1.

Edit: Ughhh reading comprehension.....Thought the plug was not long enough from the speakers to the PS1. Carry on!!
No worries, in fact thanks for pointing that out.

The current speaker cable, will reach the Bugera, if it’s sitting right next to or on top of the amp. That cable I ordered is 3 feet, so I might get an adapter for the speaker cable anyways. That way it doesn’t have to sit right on top, if I want to move it for some reason.

The new speaker cable can’t get here quick enough, I’m so excited to try this thing out.
 #170630  by LazyLightning72

You know, I think I’m going to do that, so I have the ability to move it.

All I need is another of the 3 foot ones like I just bought and the female to female 1/4” speaker cable adapter? I’m assuming the adapter also has to be a speaker cable for it to work correctly?

Would this work as the adapter?
https://www.amazon.com/Planet-Waves-Fem ... ics&sr=1-9
 #170631  by Gr8fulCadi

Correct!!

You’ll need a female to female 1/4” mono adapter. That one is a stereo adapter.

You should only need two speaker cables and the adapter.......It’s always good practice to have extra cables for troubleshooting possible issues in the future so....
 #170633  by LazyLightning72

Gr8fulCadi wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:29 pm Correct!!

You’ll need a female to female 1/4” mono adapter. That one is a stereo adapter.

You should only need two speaker cables and the adapter.......It’s always good practice to have extra cables for troubleshooting possible issues in the future so....
Thanks I’ll trade it out for a mono adapter, glad I asked before buying it, lol!
Would either of these work, instead?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... rs-coupler
( 1/4" Female to 1/4" Female Coupler, Balanced/Mono and Unbalanced/Stereo (Wired for Either ) I’m having a hard time finding one that says just mono, but I find ones that say both.

Or this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Coupler-Connecto ... 762&sr=8-4
( 1/4 Inch TRS/TS Coupler Female to Female Audio Connector 6.35 mm TRS Stereo and Mono Jack Adapter Joiner, Extension Connector for Amplifier Speaker Guitar Sound (3 Pieces)

Thanks for the help!
 #170634  by TI4-1009

You were so excited your wife wet the bed??!!?? :o :lol:
Searing75 liked this
 #170636  by Searing75

Go ahead and use an instrument cable until your speaker cable arrives. You won’t hurt anything, and at that length, you won’t notice any differences in tone.
 #170638  by LazyLightning72

Searing75 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:44 pm Go ahead and use an instrument cable until your speaker cable arrives. You won’t hurt anything, and at that length, you won’t notice any differences in tone.
Oh, great!
I thought it might mess something up if I did. Thanks, I will try it out tonight then, appreciate it.

Thanks for confirming that adapter gr8fulcadi, just ordered one
Gr8fulCadi liked this