#170673  by LazyLightning72

Gr8fulCadi wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:27 pm You are very welcome!

As long as there was a thru-path from the amp to the speaker, was probably why it worked.
The worst part is, when I plugged it in the right way, I thought to myself “yea that would make sense” for some reason I couldn’t see it until I saw it, may sound odd, but it’s the only way I can describe it.

I just replaced the patch cord stand in with a real speaker cable. Now I really can’t wait to play tonight.
Gr8fulCadi liked this
 #170676  by LazyLightning72

wabisabied wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:45 pm Glad it all got figured out and none the worse for wear!
Me too,
Thanks to everyone for the help.

I had a really good time playing through it last night. I had no idea how good that amp could sound. Not to mention being able to play at any volume, with the ability to fine tune how loud it is.

I heard some amazing overdrive tones, I didn’t even turn my distortion pedal on, lol!
wabisabied liked this
 #170731  by LazyLightning72

PLS30820 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:45 am Thanks for this post. i just ordered a Weber 200 attenuator for my twin and now i think all my questions have been answered.
I’ve been having a great time playing with the PS1, it gets those nice overdrive tones, and it sounds amazing.

I was warned that they sometimes get warm/hot

However, even after 4 hours of playing with it, it’s no warmer than touching metal at room temp. No heat or warmth I can detect at all.

I hope your new piece works as well, I think you will be very pleased if so.

Chris
PLS30820 liked this