#170522  by ab763

Moved to garage sale.
Last edited by ab763 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
 #170530  by Jon S.

I'd buy it if I didn't already have two SSP 1X12s, one also with an E120, the other with a K120. Tracy Lowes' SSP cabs are fantastic.

What model/size is the board?
 #170549  by ab763

Hey Jon it's the Pedal Train 2. 24x 12 soft case. Voodoo Pedal power, all power cables and George Lynch cables to hook up 6 pedals and tuner. There is also a stereo splitter for your obel. Controlled by a Loop Master Switcher. Real nice. Great condition. I haven't used it in years.
 #170550  by Jon S.

Sounds nice! I'm actually set with my board but thought it might help your prospects to be more specific in your ad. :biggrin:
 #170556  by phpbb

I guess this is a good place to let everyone know that you should be posting these in the garage sale and pay the fee to do so. Here is the information on that:

viewtopic.php?f=334&t=19572
rukind's Garage Sale is an awesome way to reach the very people interested in your gear. In order to post to this board, you need to become a member of the garage sale group, which has a monthly member ship fee. This money will be used to pay the monthly server fees, which is greatly appreciated.

Any thing for sale outside of the garage sale will be taken down and I will work with you to get a membership here.

Thanks for understanding.
 #170560  by Jon S.

phpbb wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:38 pm I guess this is a good place to let everyone know that you should be posting these in the garage sale and pay the fee to do so.

Of course.

Let me start with a joke and then do the opposite of its lesson. :oops:

Two guys, Chris and Micha, set themselves up to beg outside of a Mexican church. Micha set up closest to the street with a sign, "Please help!," adorned by a large star of David. Chris set up closest to the church's entrance with a similar sign except it was adorned by a large cross.

For the first hour, almost without exception, the churchgoers walked right past Micha, giving him dirty looks, and then stopped by Chris to throw a few pesos in his box. Some even remarked how they were upping their contributions in light of the other inappropriate begger.

This repeated itself almost the entire morning.

Around 1 PM, upon returning from lunch, the Monsignor of the church stopped in front of Micha, looked him in the eyes, and said, "What is wrong with you? You have no chance of getting donations here with that sign."

Upon which, Chris and Micha replied in unison, "Your pardon, Mr. Monsignor, but don't tell us how to run our business!" :lol:

OK, now I'm going be the Monsignor. You have your system set up now to require one $5 payment for a months use of the Garage Sale subforum. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with that. Have you also considered, however, in the alternative, selling annual forum subscriptions instead?

That's how most other forums do it.

The pluses are that you entice contributors' buy-in for the entire year, increasing their sense of connection to and stake in the forum, and you can also, if you wish, tier the system, e.g., $10 = brass level w/2 Garage Sale ads/year, $25 = silver with 5, and $50 = gold with 10.

If this interests you enough to consider further, as an example, go over the The Gear Page and look at how Scott Peterson set up his tiers.

And thanks again for setting up and running this place. It's evolved into a truly kind neighborhood.
 #170561  by phpbb

I appreciate the joke and the feedback. Yeah, I was thinking of doing that, I was tinkering around with paytreon, but, there wasn't a phpbb module available just yet, and I made it a goal for 2021 to get something up, which is better than nothing!

Gregg

Jon S. wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:04 am
phpbb wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:38 pm I guess this is a good place to let everyone know that you should be posting these in the garage sale and pay the fee to do so.

Of course.

Let me start with a joke and then do the opposite of its lesson. :oops:

Two guys, Chris and Micha, set themselves up to beg outside of a Mexican church. Micha set up closest to the street with a sign, "Please help!," adorned by a large star of David. Chris set up closest to the church's entrance with a similar sign except it was adorned by a large cross.

For the first hour, almost without exception, the churchgoers walked right past Micha, giving him dirty looks, and then stopped by Chris to throw a few pesos in his box. Some even remarked how they were upping their contributions in light of the other inappropriate begger.

This repeated itself almost the entire morning.

Around 1 PM, upon returning from lunch, the Monsignor of the church stopped in front of Micha, looked him in the eyes, and said, "What is wrong with you? You have no chance of getting donations here with that sign."

Upon which, Chris and Micha replied in unison, "Your pardon, Mr. Monsignor, but don't tell us how to run our business!" :lol:

OK, now I'm going be the Monsignor. You have your system set up now to require one $5 payment for a months use of the Garage Sale subforum. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with that. Have you also considered, however, in the alternative, selling annual forum subscriptions instead?

That's how most other forums do it.

The pluses are that you entice contributors' buy-in for the entire year, increasing their sense of connection to and stake in the forum, and you can also, if you wish, tier the system, e.g., $10 = brass level w/2 Garage Sale ads/year, $25 = silver with 5, and $50 = gold with 10.

If this interests you enough to consider further, as an example, go over the The Gear Page and look at how Scott Peterson set up his tiers.

And thanks again for setting up and running this place. It's evolved into a truly kind neighborhood.
Jon S. liked this
 #171607  by lbpesq

Jon S. wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:04 am The pluses are that you entice contributors' buy-in for the entire year, increasing their sense of connection to and stake in the forum, and you can also, if you wish, tier the system, e.g., $10 = brass level w/2 Garage Sale ads/year, $25 = silver with 5, and $50 = gold with 10.

Jon, no offense intended, and I suspect you weren’t really crunching the numbers while you were making, in my opinion, a wise and helpful suggestion, but 2 for 10, 5 for 25, 10 for 50?

(In the voice of a 50 year old from Long Island): So where’s the bargain!!!!

We may be Deadheads, but I hope we can still do enough math to figure that the “Gold” level ain’t so golden.

hehehehe

Bill, tgo
Chocol8 liked this