#170381  by wpmartin1979

Not sure but it appears to be a bypass switch.
Whoa dude ... not attacking you at all ... just reading the description of the pedal and what the manufacturer claims it to be :rasta:

Are you saying it has some sort of buffer that colors the tone when it is bypassed. Again, that’s cool, but it’s not the same concept as the thick air. Not sure why you are so upset :???:

Ok so you went back and deleted all your posts ... wow okay man ... you accused me of attacking you but I surely wasn’t lol :biggrin: :biggrin: even put a smile face to show I had good intentions lol
 #170383  by Jon S.

* I thought this was a discussion forum.
 #170385  by Blacklodgebob

wpmartin1979 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:44 am Not sure but it appears to be a bypass switch.
Whoa dude ... not attacking you at all ... just reading the description of the pedal and what the manufacturer claims it to be :rasta:

Are you saying it has some sort of buffer that colors the tone when it is bypassed. Again, that’s cool, but it’s not the same concept as the thick air. Not sure why you are so upset :???:

Ok so you went back and deleted all your posts ... wow okay man ... you accused me of attacking you but I surely wasn’t lol :biggrin: :biggrin: even put a smile face to show I had good intentions lol
The first words of the description "The ADA DEFINITION Preamp..." Its a preamp. It also has a clean boost you can switch on or off. Getting told over and over by people that admittedly do not own the device that it doesn't do what the TA does is annoying. Have both devices. Check it out if you want. Not gonna share here anymore.
 #170387  by wpmartin1979

Blacklodgebob wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:21 am
wpmartin1979 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:44 am Not sure but it appears to be a bypass switch.

The first words of the description "The ADA DEFINITION Preamp..." Its a preamp. It also has a clean boost you can switch on or off. Getting told over and over by people that admittedly do not own the device that it doesn't do what the TA does is annoying. Have both devices. Check it out if you want. Not gonna share here anymore.
Ok so it’s a preamp
Last edited by wpmartin1979 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #170388  by Jon S.

Jon S. wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:47 am >> The DEFINITION is an absolutely transparent BOOST https://www.adaamps.com/Products/ada-De ... nition.htm

Doesn't seem to me to be a Thick Air-type design.
"Doesn't seem to me," on its face, is an expression of uncertainty inviting correction. That's quite different from, say, "It's not." It's also an extremely mild statement by gear forum standards. Why be so upset by it.
 #170389  by wpmartin1979

[/quote]
—————————————
I can see that you are quite passionate about this pedal and that passion has peaked my curiosity.

I just picked one up on Reverb for $160.

I look forward to giving it a try and seeing if I can find a place for it in my final rig. Thanks for the recommendation - let’s see what this baby can do!

:cool: :cool:
 #170390  by Jon S.

I, on the other hand, will await my majordomo Wil's report back before buying anything more.

:wink:
wpmartin1979 liked this
 #170391  by wpmartin1979

Jon S. wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:46 am I, on the other hand, will await my majordomo Wil's report back before buying anything more.

:wink:
I’d actually love to hear your take on the Strymon Dig. I’ve never really gone down the delay path, but curious what you think about that one - in fact, maybe I’ll start a delay thread so I can see what everyone likes.
Jon S. liked this
 #170400  by Blacklodgebob

seems like you guys are in positive feedback loop. If I have both devices and like one comparatively - how is that not contributing something. It thickens the tone. You guys have nothing better to do. Buy one and post your thoughts - otherwise its just pointless talking to a rolling wheel.
rugger liked this
 #170405  by Jon S.

Blacklodgebob wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:29 pm seems like you guys are in positive feedback loop. If I have both devices and like one comparatively - how is that not contributing something. It thickens the tone. You guys have nothing better to do. Buy one and post your thoughts - otherwise its just pointless talking to a rolling wheel.
Let me guess - no one's ever asked you to be less condescending.
 #170412  by wpmartin1979

Blacklodgebob wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:29 pm seems like you guys are in positive feedback loop. If I have both devices and like one comparatively - how is that not contributing something. It thickens the tone. You guys have nothing better to do. Buy one and post your thoughts - otherwise its just pointless talking to a rolling wheel.
Yes in general we like to keep things positive - just like at a Dead show - but you my friend are making that pretty hard - frankly your bumming out my trip - you need to find the cat with the good acid
 #170422  by Jon S.

Then let's change the direction. :D

What ever happened with your poor man's Cowboy project? Did you eventually complete it? If yes, how does it play and sound? I thought maybe I could see it on your Facebook page but the link in your signature line is dead.