#170183  by Jon S.

>> Or just unplug it and try it since it doesn’t need to be plugged in to work

I already said I did this and it does work that way:
The buzzing stops when I pull the input power.
ooo
But this doesn't help me enjoy the unit's full functionality.
 #170184  by wpmartin1979

Jon S. wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:30 pm >> Or just unplug it and try it since it doesn’t need to be plugged in to work

I already said I did this and it does work that way:
The buzzing stops when I pull the input power.
ooo
But this doesn't help me enjoy the unit's full functionality.
Sorry I missed that detail in your post. Definitely a problem related to the power supply then I would think. Based on the video I posted the proximity of a linear ps can introduce noise. I noticed that the ps is next to the Stage Pro.
 #170194  by Jon S.

I did some more testing of my HubBub Stage Pro while still awaiting Godfrey's reply email re: it.

Switching to a totally separate/physically and electrically-isolated power supply did not solve the problem.

Plugging simultaneously into all 3 of the guitar inputs (OBEL; Jerry guitar; Aux) also did not solve the problem.

Neither did plugging only into the Aux input.

Disconnecting the input DC voltage for the LEDs eliminated the buzzing completely (the unit still switches fine without the input power but the lights deactivate).

This all is leading me to suspect a problem with the wiring or the LED lights themselves.

What do y'all think?
 #170195  by wpmartin1979

It’s such a simple circuit I would be tempted to open it up, plug it in and wiggle stuff around to see if anything is loose, etc.
My guess is Godfrey won’t have a ton of answers, but could possibly replace it if it is deemed to be defective.
Again though, it’s such a simple device. There is a possibility that something may be loose.
Did you try multiple guitars with it, just to rule that out?
 #170196  by Jon S.

I'm certain my guitars are fine. They work fine with my two other regular (not Stage Pro) HubBubs so there's no uncertainty on this.

Perhaps Godfrey (who is a great guy and longtime friend of mine) will ask me to open mine up and show the guts to him by computer or phone. If so, of course, I'll oblige. But I'm not going to open it up on my own because I'm too electronically lame. :lol:
 #170197  by wpmartin1979

Jon S. wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:07 pm I'm certain my guitars are fine. They work fine with my two other regular (not Stage Pro) HubBubs so there's no uncertainty on this.

Perhaps Godfrey (who is a great guy and longtime friend of mine) will ask me to open mine up and show the guts to him by computer or phone. If so, of course, I'll oblige. But I'm not going to open it up on my own because I'm too electronically lame. :lol:
It could be that the ground connection on the input jack for the AUX came loose or is touching something.
Jon S. liked this
 #170198  by jackevorkian

wpmartin1979 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:27 pm
Gr8fulCadi wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:49 pm
wpmartin1979 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:13 pm
That’s a sweet board yo..... Heavy artillery :rockon:
Thanks man it’s been quite a passionate journey for me, but I’m finally done. Just put in some 1950s NOS Made in USA Tung Sols into the Blackbird and Beekeeper and the board really came to life! The Earth drive runs through the tube bypass on those things and just kills. The Fuzz is so good on the Mutron Octivider + that I don’t need the Solar Flare.
The fuzz on the Octavider+ really is so good. It's that distortion/fuzzy sound I've been looking for, for a long time. Question: Do you hear any clicking sounds when Stabilize is engaged and you play a note? I've got this weird click sound that only happens in stabilize mode. It's not terribly loud, and probably wouldn't be noticeable in a loud setting, but for playing alone or recording, it's audible. If it weren't for how much I love the fuzz, I'd be filing a paypal claim, since Mutron has been unresponsive with trying to get this resolved.
 #170199  by wpmartin1979

jackevorkian wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:03 pm
wpmartin1979 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:27 pm
Gr8fulCadi wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:49 pm

That’s a sweet board yo..... Heavy artillery :rockon:
Thanks man it’s been quite a passionate journey for me, but I’m finally done. Just put in some 1950s NOS Made in USA Tung Sols into the Blackbird and Beekeeper and the board really came to life! The Earth drive runs through the tube bypass on those things and just kills. The Fuzz is so good on the Mutron Octivider + that I don’t need the Solar Flare.
The fuzz on the Octavider+ really is so good. It's that distortion/fuzzy sound I've been looking for, for a long time. Question: Do you hear any clicking sounds when Stabilize is engaged and you play a note? I've got this weird click sound that only happens in stabilize mode. It's not terribly loud, and probably wouldn't be noticeable in a loud setting, but for playing alone or recording, it's audible. If it weren't for how much I love the fuzz, I'd be filing a paypal claim, since Mutron has been unresponsive with trying to get this resolved.
Hmmm, I’ve been using the octave with stabilize on and havn’t noticed a click sound. That’s really too bad to hear that Mutron wouldn’t offer to repair or exchange it. They should have better CS for the price of their pedals :???:
 #170202  by Searing75

Jon S. wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:46 pm I did some more testing of my HubBub Stage Pro while still awaiting Godfrey's reply email re: it.

Switching to a totally separate/physically and electrically-isolated power supply did not solve the problem.

Plugging simultaneously into all 3 of the guitar inputs (OBEL; Jerry guitar; Aux) also did not solve the problem.

Neither did plugging only into the Aux input.

Disconnecting the input DC voltage for the LEDs eliminated the buzzing completely (the unit still switches fine without the input power but the lights deactivate).

This all is leading me to suspect a problem with the wiring or the LED lights themselves.

What do y'all think?
What exactly do u mean by “Disconnecting the input DC voltage for the LED’s”?
 #170207  by Jon S.

Searing75 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:20 pm
Jon S. wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:46 pmDisconnecting the input DC voltage for the LEDs eliminated the buzzing completely (the unit still switches fine without the input power but the lights deactivate).
What exactly do u mean by “Disconnecting the input DC voltage for the LED’s”?
The Stage Pro's powered same as Boss and most pedals: 9V DC center negative.
 #170220  by Jon S.

My Micro-Tron IV arrived seconds ago, my HubBub Stage Pro will be on its way back to Godfrey on Wednesday for troubleshooting, I’ll be ordering my Strymon DIG soon, I’m picking up my new Trek Double Sport 3 tomorrow, and I’m getting my first vaccine on Thursday. I can almost smell them new bike rides and gigs!
wpmartin1979 liked this
 #170221  by jackevorkian

Enjoy! I just fired off my 4th email to Mutron in an attempt to resolve my Octavider issue, but I'm glad to hear they are don't have any trouble collecting payment and shipping product.

Got my first vaccine (Moderna) on Saturday, and my follow up will be April 3...two days before students return to campus. Just in time.
 #170222  by Jon S.

jackevorkian wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:31 pmI just fired off my 4th email to Mutron in an attempt to resolve my Octavider issue, but I'm glad to hear they are don't have any trouble collecting payment and shipping product.
Yikes! I hope you can get this straightened out.
 #170230  by Jon S.

So is the best approach to put my Doozy Boost first and Micro-Tron IV second?