#169796  by wpmartin1979

What’s up everyone ... I finally finished all the upgrades to the Eastwood Tiger. Replaced all the pickups with Dimarzio SD1 & Super 2s.
Also replaced both the bridge and tail piece with solid brass nickel plated Kluson Harmonica bridge & Tail piece. (No more string buzzing and looks great!)
Also removed the brass but, adjusted the slots and shimmed it up with a small piece of mahagony - then reinstalled. This allowed me to get the action where I wanted it without any fret buzz.
Big shout out to Bill for offering his advice on how to get the bridge installed. It required some customization, but turned out nice!
Been playing this thing a lot, very happy with how it turned out - a lot of fun! :biggrin:

https://ibb.co/zH9vn4d

Any help with getting the image in the thread is much appreciated!! :hail:
wabisabied liked this
 #169799  by Gr8fulCadi

Congrats and play the heck out of it!!

I have a Phiga Eagle and it did come with Super II’s but I replaced the bridge and tailpiece with Kluson also, solid upgrade.
Last edited by Gr8fulCadi on Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #169800  by Jon S.

wpmartin1979 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:04 amBig shout out to Bill for offering his advice on how to get the bridge installed. It required some customization, but turned out nice!
I agree, the knowledge here and willingness to help is wonderful.
 #169801  by lbpesq

Just paying it forward after all the help I’ve received. It’s all part of the Dead community gestalt. Of all the forums I’ve read and/or participated in, two stand out as very special - this one and the Alembic forum. Both very connected to the Dead. Coincidence? I think not.

And those are two great looking guitars! How is the neck on the Phiga? I had a Phiga Casta for awhile, but the neck was really chunky and the volute was more like a goiter on the back of the neck!

Bill, tgo
LazyLightning72 liked this
 #169802  by TI4-1009

wpmartin1979 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:04 am
Any help with getting the image in the thread is much appreciated!! :hail:
viewtopic.php?f=359&t=12940
 #169805  by Gr8fulCadi

lbpesq wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:36 am And those are two great looking guitars! How is the neck on the Phiga? I had a Phiga Casta for awhile, but the neck was really chunky and the volute was more like a goiter on the back of the neck!

Bill, tgo
Thanks! The neck is chunky and there is a big volute but it’s very comfortable for me. My hands are big and I don’t like a thin neck.
 #169806  by wpmartin1979

lbpesq wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:36 am Just paying it forward after all the help I’ve received. It’s all part of the Dead community gestalt. Of all the forums I’ve read and/or participated in, two stand out as very special - this one and the Alembic forum. Both very connected to the Dead. Coincidence? I think not.

And those are two great looking guitars! How is the neck on the Phiga? I had a Phiga Casta for awhile, but the neck was really chunky and the volute was more like a goiter on the back of the neck!

Bill, tgo
For those of you that don’t know, Bill puts together some very fine looking guitars, a few of which are available for sale right now on Reverb. In my opinion he blends elements of the vintage Alembic style with modern sensibilities and upgrades. I’ve had my eye on this one, which I find particularly intriguing:

https://reverb.com/item/38758039-420-gu ... t=38758039
 #169809  by lbpesq

wpmartin1979 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:03 amFor those of you that don’t know, Bill puts together some very fine looking guitars, a few of which are available for sale right now on Reverb. In my opinion he blends elements of the vintage Alembic style with modern sensibilities and upgrades. I’ve had my eye on this one, which I find particularly intriguing:

https://reverb.com/item/38758039-420-gu ... t=38758039

Thanks for the kind words. And if anyone here is interested in any of my instruments, contact me through rukind for a friends and family discount. My reverb store, “420 Guitars”, has both instruments I’ve built, and other guitars that tend toward the unusual, weird, and offbeat. You can check it out through the below link.

Bill, tgo
 #169811  by wabisabied

wpmartin1979 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:04 amAny help with getting the image in the thread is much appreciated!! :hail:
Dude, you are so technically apt, it’s really pretty funny this is so difficult for you!

Go to your image host url. Right-click the image and choose “open image in new tab.” Copy the url from that tab. Go to “Post a Reply” here. Click on "Insert Image" icon in tool bar. Paste the image between the bracketed “img’s” in the posting field. Preview to make sure you got it right. Easy!

#169813  by wpmartin1979

wabisabied wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:07 pm
wpmartin1979 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:04 amAny help with getting the image in the thread is much appreciated!! :hail:
Dude, you are so technically apt, it’s really pretty funny this is so difficult for you!

Go to your image host url. Right-click the image and choose “open image in new tab.” Copy the url from that tab. Go to “Post a Reply” here. Click on "Insert Image" icon in tool bar. Paste the image between the bracketed “img’s” in the posting field. Preview to make sure you got it right. Easy!

You mean inept! I know dude, but I don’t use a computer I use my iPhone and the right click thing doesn’t work. Anyone know how to go it from an iPhone 11?
 #169815  by LazyLightning72

Looking really good man, glad you got all the mods you wanted done.

How do you like the new pickups, compared to the ones it came with?

Also, how difficult was the new bridge to install?

Regardless, looks great, bet it sounds great too. Hope you have a lifetime of fun playing it.