#169958  by NeilG1

Hard to see completely - but here's 89, still with the Twins (silver face), and the yellow Boss pedals clearly visible. I see the Mu-Tron and a Boss OC-2 octave pedal for sure. I guess the EQ's could be in the back row? With the pedals on the shelf of the rack it's really hard to find a pic that shows them all. Bummer.
https://www.dead.net/archives/1989/photos/jerry-garcia
http://ticket.heraldtribune.com/2016/05 ... he-movies/

And yes - 94 had its moments for sure! I remember shows in 95 mostly with sadness, however. Musically and otherwise
 #169963  by wpmartin1979

NeilG1 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:12 am Hard to see completely - but here's 89, still with the Twins (silver face), and the yellow Boss pedals clearly visible. I see the Mu-Tron and a Boss OC-2 octave pedal for sure. I guess the EQ's could be in the back row? With the pedals on the shelf of the rack it's really hard to find a pic that shows them all. Bummer.
https://www.dead.net/archives/1989/photos/jerry-garcia
http://ticket.heraldtribune.com/2016/05 ... he-movies/

And yes - 94 had its moments for sure! I remember shows in 95 mostly with sadness, however. Musically and otherwise
Yeah you’re right I don’t see any EQ pedals on that one!
 #169965  by wpmartin1979

Funny how we all think his tone was really great in ‘89-‘90 but he felt that he needed the EQs for some reason. Wish they had Rig Rundown YouTube back in ‘91 hahaha - the Jerry episode would be priceless now!
NeilG1 liked this
 #169977  by Searing75

When Jerry went to the GrooveTube preamp he was going direct, and the band was using in ears. The McIntosh was only at the bottom of the rack to serve as a weight to keep it balanced. AFAIK.
 #169978  by wpmartin1979

Searing75 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:16 pm When Jerry went to the GrooveTube preamp he was going direct, and the band was using in ears. The McIntosh was only at the bottom of the rack to serve as a weight to keep it balanced. AFAIK.
A cute decoration! :wink:
 #169980  by Jon S.

Curious if anyone here uses a Pro Co Rat, Rat variant, or Rat clone, not even necessarily for playing Dead but for any of your music.
wpmartin1979 liked this
 #169981  by wpmartin1979

Hey Jon, check out this bad boy - it’s got a Stratoblaster circuit, an Orange Squeeze Compressor circuit and a ProCo Rat circuit in one pedal! So cool...
I have only played the Rat on my old Boss OD-20, but I remember that I was pleasantly surprised by the transparency of the drive and that it was highly adjustable from medium to super high gain.
 #169982  by Jon S.

wpmartin1979 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:35 am Hey Jon, check out this bad boy - it’s got a Stratoblaster circuit, an Orange Squeeze Compressor circuit and a ProCo Rat circuit in one pedal! ...
The week those were first announced, I put myself on the mailing list for it and got one of the first 50 or so. I did everything possible to like the pedal but I could not. I sold it a couple of months later for close to what I paid for it. I'll resist explaining why I disliked it. It would be a long and idiosyncratic story that shouldn't influence anyone else who might feel differently than I about the pedal's basic tones and interactivity between them.
 #169983  by Gr8fulCadi

Jon S. wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:39 am Curious if anyone here uses a Pro Co Rat, Rat variant, or Rat clone, not even necessarily for playing Dead but for any of your music.
Yes, I do.....well it’s a take on the improved RAT circuit. It’s the aqua-green pedal lower right. It’s awesome, made by Tavo Vega of Nocturne Pedals and amps. That whole pedal board is pretty much all Nocturne pedals with a couple of exceptions. Besides the qtron + and Phase 90 I have, I don’t really have any other Jerry inspired pedals. I never got into that rabbit hole. Having a Wald Modded Twin and a Shakedown Amp I’ve pretty much nailed the clean tones and that’s good enough for me. Other forms of overdrive and distortion do just fine for me.
Jon S. liked this