#169505  by strumminsix

I've owned 2 rack mounted reverbs:
Peavey Valverb
BK RT Reverb

Both sounded awesome. and both sounded very unique with their own character. But both had the same thing in common, they MUCH tighter than Fender style spring reverb tanks. Unsure it's configuration, shorter springs, whatever, but both didn't have that wonky splash or whatever. And I'm assuming that's in part from the design, but also I'm assuming the wet-dry mix was handled differently...

PS: the PV is about the sexiest damn thing you can pop in a rack and I regret selling it.
wpmartin1979 liked this
 #169506  by Jon S.

strumminsix wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:24 amthe PV is about the sexiest damn thing you can pop in a rack and I regret selling it.
Easily remedied! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Peavey-Valverb ... 4605855306
 #169508  by wpmartin1979

strumminsix wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:24 am I've owned 2 rack mounted reverbs:
Peavey Valverb
BK RT Reverb

Both sounded awesome. and both sounded very unique with their own character. But both had the same thing in common, they MUCH tighter than Fender style spring reverb tanks. Unsure it's configuration, shorter springs, whatever, but both didn't have that wonky splash or whatever. And I'm assuming that's in part from the design, but also I'm assuming the wet-dry mix was handled differently...

PS: the PV is about the sexiest damn thing you can pop in a rack and I regret selling it.
Just curious, have you gone 100% away from racks these days (pre COVID I mean)?
 #169510  by wpmartin1979

strumminsix wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:55 am Reading all these awesome reviews and one things strikes me: most everyone is thinking spring reverb.

I'd argue that much of the beautiful JG style reverb over the years came from Lexicon units... So why not look there?
2 manufacturers that come to mind are: Source Audio + Strymon

If you're looking for simpler The Polara does a great job of ballparking that. And surprisingly Keeley's Omni in plate mode does too.
The Digitech Polara actually claims to directly replicate the Lexicon verbs...but how well? Anyone tried this? Reviews are pretty good overall ... seems like too many options for my taste tho
strumminsix liked this
 #169515  by strumminsix

wpmartin1979 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:20 am
strumminsix wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:24 am I've owned 2 rack mounted reverbs:
Peavey Valverb
BK RT Reverb

Just curious, have you gone 100% away from racks these days (pre COVID I mean)?
Dragged a rack around for YEARS then 3 things changed:
1) venues demanded lower stage volume
2) i started using IEM's
3) herniated L5S1

Did my last couple gigs with this board. swapped out acoustic on tunes and only needed to hit the IR bypass and adjust a volume.

It's pretty amazing to scale way back, hear more clearly, fuck with pedals less, and serve the band and music....
wpmartin1979 liked this
 #169520  by Jon S.

Funny. It showed up for me an hour ago but it's not now, either.
 #169524  by Jon S.

It’s back for me!
 #169528  by Jon S.

Don’t you love a good mystery?

I’m seeing it right now on Safari!