#169438  by Jon S.

So many great ideas have flowed from the "Battle of the Preamp Pedals" thread, including describing reverb pedals you use with your preamp pedals, that I thought a dedicated reverb pedal thread could be useful. So, if you're so inclined, please describe the reverb pedals you own or are using now, pedals you've owned in the past but sold for whatever reasons, and new pedals you're curious about that others might be be able to fill us in on.

All of my preamps presently are rack units with on-board reverb. But I do have a "legacy" EH Holy Grail. This is the original large footprint model. Many of the earlier ones drew complaints for an unpleasant underlying whine but mine is quiet. It actually sounds pretty good. But it's got a large footprint.

So ... I'm thinking of picking up a smaller reverb pedal for a min-board that will include my recently purchased, in transit Joyo American Sound preamp. For this board, in contrast to everything else I own :oops: , I'd prefer to keep everything small and inexpensive.

In this vein, I'm curious about the Donner Digital Reverb unit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0719 ... ag22824-20

For $46, it seems like a steal. And some reviewers are rating it positively despite its cheepnis (apologies to Zappa):

https://products.bestreviews.com/best-best-reverb-pedal

Anyone try this one? Thanks.

#169439  by wpmartin1979

I have two Donner loopers (one for the basement and one for the living room). They are well made pedals. I like them better than Ditto because you can save presets on them. The one in the basement also has a built in drum machine that sounds awesome (very realistic) which is great for jamming. But my main point is that Donner is pretty good quality, not junk :)

The Flamma FS-02 reverb is a little more at $65 on Amazon, but the demos sound really good - slightly bigger FP though
 #169443  by lbpesq

As I mentioned in the other thread, I use the T.C. Electronics HOF mini. I had the bigger HOF, but found the mini did everything I need at half the size, while the regular HOF had features I never used. And, for those who like to tweak stuff, it has the “tone prints” feature where you can download different reverbs and load them onto the pedal.

Bill, tgo
dmagalhaes, wleeds liked this
 #169446  by jackevorkian

It's not the cheapest reverb pedal, but I think it might be the best: Neunaber. At this point a used Wet might actually not be all that pricey. I just upgraded to the Immerse. Such an incredible sounding pedal.
 #169449  by Jon S.

jackevorkian wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:03 pm It's not the cheapest reverb pedal, but I think it might be the best: Neunaber. At this point a used Wet might actually not be all that pricey. I just upgraded to the Immerse. Such an incredible sounding pedal.
I've heard great things also about this pedal (which I've not yet tried personally).

In the Amazon comments on the Flamma, someone said he thought the Flamma's based on the Neunaber. But I don't know who he is or whether there's anything to that.
 #169452  by PurpleTrails

I haven't used it, but the new JHS 3 Series reverb sounds awesome on youtube, and all the reviewers rave about it. $99 in a standard EHX/MXR sized box, looks like it's built like a tank with high quality parts in the US.

FWIW, I have one of the 3 series fuzz pedels on order, but the place it is ordered at (on sale) is out of stock. All my amps have reverb, and I have an old digitech unit for crazy hall effects if needed, or I would have popped for the JHS.
 #169454  by Gr8fulCadi

Not the cheapest either but a kick butt spring reverb and tremolo in one. Source Audio True Spring. I stopped searching after I acquired this pedal. YMMV
 #169460  by wpmartin1979

Well if we are not sticking to budget models, I’m placing my votes. I prefer pedals that do one thing well over pedals that try to do everything (quality over quantity):

J Rocket
Boing Spring Reverb = for $100 this is an exact emulation of a Fender/Accutronics spring reverb tank - simple yet highly effective

Catalinbread Topanga - as you can see I prefer spring reverb as this is the vintage sound of Fender amps. This is the king of Spring Reverb pedals - can go from subtle to dripping wet and everything in between
You can get these for $150 on reverb if you wait and pounce lol
 #169461  by Jon S.

PurpleTrails wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:58 pm I haven't used it, but the new JHS 3 Series reverb sounds awesome on youtube, and all the reviewers rave about it.
Actually, I'm finding a bunch of reviews with this criticism:

Amazon Customer
2.0 out of 5 stars Too much volume boost
Reviewed in the United States on October 20, 2020
style: ReverbVerified Purchase

It sounds great. If you had it always on it would work for you. Lots of awesome sounds.

But.. The volume boost when you turn this on is crazy. It significantly increases your volume when you use it. It has no volume control. I found it totally unusable after finding settings in it I loved. Disappointing. Returned it and spent the extra $50 on the boss rv6 and it was immediately what I wanted.
 #169462  by Jon S.

wpmartin1979 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:40 amJ Rocket
Boing Spring Reverb = for $100 this is an exact emulation of a Fender/Accutronics spring reverb tank - simple yet highly effective
Looks nice but I'm not finding prices (at least new) below $159.
 #169467  by Gr8fulCadi

wpmartin1979 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:40 am Well if we are not sticking to budget models, I’m placing my votes. I prefer pedals that do one thing well over pedals that try to do everything (quality over quantity):
I’m a firm believer in quality over quantity as well but that’s not the case with the True Spring. Having a 72 Twin Reverb and a 65’ Super Reverb to compare reverb to, this pedal does an exceptional job in comparison. The Tremolo is an added bonus.
 #169469  by wpmartin1979

Jon S. wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:01 am
wpmartin1979 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:40 amJ Rocket
Looks nice but I'm not finding prices (at least new) below $159.
Lol, I never buy new - waste of money because if I don’t like something I sell it - the used market is way better than the new market IMHO
Research can only get you so far, until you try something you never really know.
You just need to be patient, they pop up, actually one just pooped on Reverb for $122

https://reverb.com/item/38594944-j-rock ... t=38594944

But I’ve seen them go for $100. Trust me I’ve been on Reverb a lot lately for this preamp thread - you have to check new listings all the time because stuff goes fast!

Here’s one for $90 actually

https://reverb.com/item/38086455-j-rock ... t=38086455

Act quick it’s got an offer on it lol
Last edited by wpmartin1979 on Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #169470  by wpmartin1979

Gr8fulCadi wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:19 am
wpmartin1979 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:40 am Well if we are not sticking to budget models, I’m placing my votes. I prefer pedals that do one thing well over pedals that try to do everything (quality over quantity):
I’m a firm believer in quality over quantity as well but that’s not the case with the True Spring. Having a 72 Twin Reverb and a 65’ Super Reverb to compare reverb to, this pedal does an exceptional job in comparison. The Tremolo is an added bonus.
I have heard good things not only from you ... actually the Tremolo just makes it MORE fender like because that’s what come on their amps - this would qualify as quality over quantity in my book - I’m sure it’s a great pedal!
I was referring to the reverb pedals that do like 10 different types of reverb - I.e shimmer and all that stuff - I just don’t use that stuff, that’s all
Gr8fulCadi liked this
 #169485  by perljam

Can't say enough good things about the Keeley Hooke Reverb. It's a spring reverb with great controls. I used it with a tube amp that didn't have reverb as an "always on" Jerry-tone reverb. It was great, and has a level control that you can use to give it a bit of boost for that 'edge of breakup' goodness (or not, if you set it for unity).