#170208  by gdrfk1990

I'm using a Wampler Mini Faux Spring Reverb.. I was looking for something that would sound close to the spring reverb's in my fenders. It seems to do that well.
wpmartin1979 liked this
 #170299  by Jon S.

wpmartin1979 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:14 pm Review: FYD TRP > Lexicon MX300 > MosValve M962 > JBL K120 ...

[T]he Lexicon is to reverb what the FYD is to tone. It is the promised land, the real deal, the cats meow, the muthafunkin shiiiit!!
I must say, ever since you joined the forum you've been influencing me both to try new stuff and to re-explore my old gear.

Ever since this post, I'd been thinking, don't I already own a Lexicon reverb or am I just imagining (or wishing) it?

Yesterday, during my ongoing efforts putting together a new pedalboard of individual pedals (I've been relying on my Line 6 M13 exclusively for the past decade or so), I opened up another gear drawer and found deep in the back of it my old Guyatone MR-2 Micro Reverb.

This pedal is essentially a Lexicon under a Guyatone wrapper.* I'll save it for when I eventually cop myself a preamp in a pedal that needs an accompanying reverb pedal.

* "The long out-of-production Guyatone MR2 Micro Reverb pedal. The MR-2 was in production for a very short period of time and was shut down to legal complications from their use of the famous Lexicon reverb chip/algorithms -- which make this pedal sound insanely lush and natural." http://effectsfreak.com/effect/guyatone ... packaging/

#170303  by wpmartin1979

Jon S. wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:55 am
wpmartin1979 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:14 pm Review: FYD TRP > Lexicon MX300 > MosValve M962 > JBL K120 ...

[T]he Lexicon is to reverb what the FYD is to tone. It is the promised land, the real deal, the cats meow, the muthafunkin shiiiit!!
I must say, ever since you joined the forum you've been influencing me both to try new stuff and to re-explore my old gear.

Ever since this post, I'd been thinking, don't I already own a Lexicon reverb or am I just imagining (or wishing) it?

Yesterday, during my ongoing efforts putting together a new pedalboard of individual pedals (I've been relying on my Line 6 M13 exclusively for the past decade or so), I opened up another gear drawer and found deep in the back of it my old Guyatone MR-2 Micro Reverb.

This pedal is essentially a Lexicon under a Guyatone wrapper.* I'll save it for when I eventually cop myself a preamp in a pedal that needs an accompanying reverb pedal.

* "The long out-of-production Guyatone MR2 Micro Reverb pedal. The MR-2 was in production for a very short period of time and was shut down to legal complications from their use of the famous Lexicon reverb chip/algorithms -- which make this pedal sound insanely lush and natural." http://effectsfreak.com/effect/guyatone ... packaging/

That looks like a cool pedal ... BUT ... i don’t see a spring reverb on it ... which is my go to from the Lexicon racks.

#170304  by Jon S.

Maybe not but, hey, it's a tiny little thing. :D
 #174825  by wleeds

lbpesq wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:28 pm As I mentioned in the other thread, I use the T.C. Electronics HOF mini. I had the bigger HOF, but found the mini did everything I need at half the size, while the regular HOF had features I never used. And, for those who like to tweak stuff, it has the “tone prints” feature where you can download different reverbs and load them onto the pedal.

Bill, tgo
Hi Bill - do you remember which toneprint you had in the HOF mini?

thx
 #174826  by lbpesq

wleeds wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:43 am
Hi Bill - do you remember which toneprint you had in the HOF mini?

thx
Not really. I hooked it up to the computer once, found something I liked, and stayed with it. I haven’t used the reverb pedal in a while as I picked up a Quilter Aviator Mach 3 and a Superblock US last year, both of which have reverb. I use the pedal when I play through my “big rig”, Alembic F-2B pre > Carvin DCM200L > two 1x12s loaded with JBL K-120s.

Bill, tgo
 #174827  by Chocol8

gdrfk1990 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:02 am I'm using a Wampler Mini Faux Spring Reverb.. I was looking for something that would sound close to the spring reverb's in my fenders. It seems to do that well.
Most of the time I am playing an amp with a real spring tank or a digital solution with built in reverb, but the rest of the time, my go to reverb pedal is the Wampler faux Spring reverb. It works well enough and it is small. It often sits between my Suhr RL and a MosValve for reamping my non-Fender amps, but it works well enough upfront as well if the gain isn't too high.
 #174828  by Darkstar860

Im not a fan of MANY reverb pedals out there. The Strymon is the best ive heard in a pedal. But i use the SMS's reverb or the Milkmans reverb. I may get a surfy bear in the future. Just takes up a lot of space. Prob put it on top of my amp setup with my Delay, keep it off the floor.
 #174829  by Gr8fulCadi

Source Audio True Spring…an outstanding reverb pedal and tremolo. The Source Audio Collider is a bigger footprint, but is a dual engine reverb/delay pedal. Both phenomenal pedals IMO.
 #174830  by Slewfoot2000

The EHX Holy Grail Neo has been my go to. Had a few others, but keep on coming back to that one.

The Spring setting is as close as I’ve heard to the one my original 66 Twin. Tight and focused with that nice open aura about it.

The Hall setting is fantastic when you want to get more of a spacey vibe to the reverb.
 #174832  by Gr8fulCadi

I’m not really concerned if the audience can hear the difference. I really want to enjoy my gear to the fullest and present that to the audience.
wleeds liked this
 #174833  by Jon S.

That's cool. Just don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good (which is how I interpret Bill's comment).
 #174834  by Gr8fulCadi

No one said perfect. I don’t stress over tone either. I try things and when I find a match that I truly like, I use it. I gave a recommendation of reverb pedals that I have experience with. No need to dig any deeper. Thanks!