#168983  by LazyLightning72

Hmm, have you looked to see if the cavity is shallow, or a wire is in the way?

Like I thought I went to look at mine but ended up playing for 4 hours, lol!

I’ll measure mine in a little while and tell you exactly how low the neck pup goes down. See if yours is even close.
 #168998  by LazyLightning72

Sorry it took so long, my neck pickup is actually set at 6/64th both on the high & low e sides. I can crank it down to 8/64th, but it bottoms out right around there.

I really need to take the plate off and see if it’s truly bottomed out in the cavity, or if a wire is in the way. I doubt it’s a wire though.
 #169016  by LazyLightning72

wpmartin1979 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:01 am Yeah since mine does it too I would assume they are just not very adjustable for some reason. Before you take the plate off I would shoot them an email and just ask about it to see what they say.
So you can get yours down to 8/64” also? That would make me more inclined to think it’s just the cavity under the single coil is the reason.

According to Dozin, On Tiger Jerry had his set at:
Neck and middle pickups are 10/64" from the strings, and the bridge pickup sits 14/64" away.

My mid and bridge are set at that, and now my neck is at 8/64”. I don’t think I’m gonna bother worrying about 2/64”. I may be wrong, but I just don’t see it making that much difference.
wpmartin1979 liked this
 #169041  by Diggey

Hey man, good playing and yours is looking great. Did you make that dual jack plate or can you please tell me where you ordered it from? Would you be willing to make me one and if you made it? I'd certainly pay you for it.

I'm also looking at replacing the tailpiece. Has anyone sized out the Kluson remake of the Tiger bridge to see if the holes line up? I also need a brass plate for the 5 way switch. Eastwood kind of pissed me off because they shipped them and then posted pictures so we sort of got stuck with what they shipped. However, overall I like the guitar but the hardware seems so cheap.

This is also the third guitar from them where the wiring is fudged up. Both OBELs were wired wrong in my Wolf and Tiger from them. But again the guitar shell is good IMHO.

Last, I agree the pickups on mine came alive when I lowered them and turned the boost all the way down. The humbuckers I dropped down a lot and then to even out the volume, I raised the neck single coil up slightly.
 #169046  by wpmartin1979

Diggey wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:11 am Hey man, good playing and yours is looking great. Did you make that dual jack plate or can you please tell me where you ordered it from? Would you be willing to make me one and if you made it? I'd certainly pay you for it.

I'm also looking at replacing the tailpiece. Has anyone sized out the Kluson remake of the Tiger bridge to see if the holes line up? I also need a brass plate for the 5 way switch. Eastwood kind of pissed me off because they shipped them and then posted pictures so we sort of got stuck with what they shipped. However, overall I like the guitar but the hardware seems so cheap.

This is also the third guitar from them where the wiring is fudged up. Both OBELs were wired wrong in my Wolf and Tiger from them. But again the guitar shell is good IMHO.

Last, I agree the pickups on mine came alive when I lowered them and turned the boost all the way down. The humbuckers I dropped down a lot and then to even out the volume, I raised the neck single coil up slightly.
Yeah I had to switch the wires on the TRS jack in the guitar to make it work with the OBEL box.
The Kluson tailpiece should work but it is not brass colored it’s nickel, so for me it’s not worth doing (unless you can find one in brass let me know) I feel like Eastwood was cheap by using chrome hardware instead of brass on the Tiger.
Phred guitars sells a brass tailpiece that would probably work and they also sell a 5 way switch plate. But it’s like $50 for a little piece of brass .... sooo I havn’t pulled the trigger on that. It’s a bit harder to make though because the slit for the switch is a toughie. They also sell a jack plate but I’m not sure it would fit the Eastwood.
The jack plate cover that I made is just a small piece of 1/16” brass with two holes drilled in it. You can order brass plates on eBay for cheap. You can cut it with a hacksaw and use files and sand paper to smooth/straighten the edges. That is how I made the jack plate and truss rod cover. I made a template out of paper to measure the hole distance then drilled the holes with a regular drill bit. Order a bigger piece of brass so if you mess up you can try again.
When I installed it I removed the washers behind the tightening nuts to compensate for the height difference.
Overall I would agree that the attention to detail was not great from Eastwood. Better quality than a Phred but it seems like phred is better with setup, upgrades and attention to detail in what they offer. Overall I feel like the guitar was fairly priced but I’m not a huge fan of the high gloss finish. The neck feels good and plays good though.
 #169057  by LazyLightning72

I don’t know the exact measurements off the top of my head, I can measure it for you if you want though. Perhaps the 5 way brass plate from their Wolf will fit.

I’ve talked to Michael and Wes, a LOT. They are very eager to please their customers. Maybe if you tell them you can get them to send you one. Can’t hurt to ask. They sent me both a replacement 5way and pup plate, cause the one I had, had a couple marks on it.

Anyhow just a thought,
If you need measurements, just let me know