#166380  by cbliss409

Hey guys.

On a typical JG style Twin, we’ve all roughly agreed for years that the optimum JG tone settings are approximately...

Vol: 4-5
Treb: 10
Mid: 4-6 ish
Bass: 0
Rev: 3-4 ish

Since pots vary between types of log curves and even within the same type of log curve, I’d like to put resistance numbers on the Mid pot setting that seem to work for y’all.

So has anyone measured (or if u wouldn’t mind measuring) the resistance at ur sweet spot for Mid setting? For me it seems to be 2-3k (btw bass pot and ground obviously). This struck me as a little low but I hear what I hear and that’s where it seems to be best.

Anyone care to measure and share your resistance value at ur favorite Mid setting?

For reference I have a Maestro modded TR, preamp’d out to MC2105 then to two JBL E-120 spkrs. Super Dist p/u split with Wald buffer.

Thx to all for sharing this and everything that came before!

CB
 #166381  by cbliss409

Correction on my previous post. My Mid pot “happy place” is at 0.5k which is at about 4.2 on the knob.

My question still stands though. Would love to hear where yours is at.

Thanks again
CB
 #166382  by cbliss409

Man I must be flakin out. Another correction...my pickup is a Super 2 not a Super Distortion. I guess I gotta stop sniffin glue. Bummer.