#164730  by Poor Peter
 Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:52 pm
So my carbon copy quit working. Was fine one night and 24 hrs later, nada. Mod light shines but nothing else. So, I found a number and called Jim Dunlop. After two rings and very nice woman actually answered the phone. I told her my situation and she said Ill patch to the tech department. 10 seconds later a tech answered the phone. I told him my story. He asked the typical trouble shooting questions, bad cable, battery and so on. Then asked if I knew if it was still under warranty. Its 11 years old but I still have the receipt and the box. He told me to take the back plate off snap a pic of the circuit board and the receipt and email it to him. I did, and less than an hour later he emailed me back and said send it to me and we will fix it for free and ship it back to you. it will take a bout a week to get it back to you once I get it. I was elated to say the least. In this day and age of automated bullshit and sitting on the phone for half an hour only to be sent to another department to wait some more, to have someone actually answer the phone and help you was a treat. Not to mention the fact that they are going to fix an 11 year old pedal for free and it will only be gone for a week or so. AND I have a new warranty. So I felt the need to share this and give Jim Dunlop their props for doing business the old fashioned way. The right way.
tntawney, Gr8fulCadi, strumminsix and 5 others liked this
 #164733  by tntawney
 Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:21 pm
I have found that most pedal companies are pretty good with that nowadays. I'm sure it has to alot to do with the social media aspect of business these days. Everyone is held hostage by reviews. They are more than willing to fix your stuff for free and send it back to you. I'm pretty impressed that Dunlap would do it after 11 years. I can't believe you kept the receipt that long either. JHS told me that my Soul Food pedal modded by them wasn't covered within 8 months of getting it. Lame.
 #164734  by TI4-1009
 Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:55 pm
Great to hear that story.

You know Jim died last week? 82 years old.
Poor Peter liked this