^^^
Dig the matching shirt! :D
FrettyBoy liked this
 #164334  by hippieguy1954
 Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:46 am
waldo041 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:44 pm
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fixed-Hardtail ... 2749.l2649

This one hard tails a trem'd Strat and allows you to completely empty the back cavity and use it for a battery and a buffer if needed or wanted.

~waldo
Do the strings touch the intonation adjustment screws?
 #164343  by Gr8fulCadi
 Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm
FrettyBoy wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:13 am
Fender MIM FSR Natural body, Warmoth Boatneck vintage spec, 2 DiMarzio FS-1, 1 Dimarzio SDS-1, Blaster.

This guitar became my Number 1 as soon as I cobbled it together, through no fault of my own. The Warmoth neck is the key...FANTASTIC NECK!

That whole rig is tastefully done!! Even the twin head and cab :cool:
FrettyBoy liked this
 #164358  by waldo041
 Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:39 pm
hippieguy1954 wrote:
waldo041 wrote:

This one hard tails a trem'd Strat and allows you to completely empty the back cavity and use it for a battery and a buffer if needed or wanted.

~waldo
no, but if they did i would just use a shorter screw in that position. They lift the back end up where the screw holes are and have the string holes directly under them. They could possibly touch the back bottom part of the saddle underneath, but Jerrys strings road the back of his harmonica bridge. There is nothing else like it out there, and I did have an idea to expand on this design and make it a little longer to hold a harmonica bridge that has been sanded or cut down to fit in place of the Fender type saddles. You could even do the tailpiece. All on one plate that fits directly onto a Strat, hardtails it, and removes the Trem system leaving that cavity open.

YMMV

~waldo
hippieguy1954 liked this
 #164359  by Jimv
 Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:22 pm
Waldo wrote: "There is nothing else out there like it"

Man, I can attest to that! I didn't see that one when looking. I did find the one below, and was looking for weight, but it needed to be drilled to align holes w tone block. Major pain in the ass.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LC ... UTF8&psc=1
please excuse shitty quality photo
hippieguy1954 liked this
 #164360  by hippieguy1954
 Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:18 am
waldo041 wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:
waldo041 wrote:

~waldo
no, but if they did i would just use a shorter screw in that position. They lift the back end up where the screw holes are and have the string holes directly under them. They could possibly touch the back bottom part of the saddle underneath, but Jerrys strings road the back of his harmonica bridge. There is nothing else like it out there, and I did have an idea to expand on this design and make it a little longer to hold a harmonica bridge that has been sanded or cut down to fit in place of the Fender type saddles. You could even do the tailpiece. All on one plate that fits directly onto a Strat, hardtails it, and removes the Trem system leaving that cavity open.

YMMV

~waldo
Thanks Waldo! I received one yesterday that I'm going to replace a string thru strat bridge with. Non trem body. No trem block or cavity. Looks like maybe a couple of the intonation screws will need slight shortening. Easy peasy! I am using brass saddles that were on the string thru bridge. They measure exactly the same as the ones that come on this bridge, so I just swapped them.
Yea, Tiger strings riding on the edge of the bridge always bothered me. Didn't faze Jerry. I guess.
 #164365  by hippieguy1954
 Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:01 pm
hippieguy1954 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:18 am
waldo041 wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:

YMMV

~waldo
Thanks Waldo! I received one yesterday that I'm going to replace a string thru strat bridge with. Non trem body. No trem block or cavity. Looks like maybe a couple of the intonation screws will need slight shortening. Easy peasy! I am using brass saddles that were on the string thru bridge. They measure exactly the same as the ones that come on this bridge, so I just swapped them.
Yea, Tiger strings riding on the edge of the bridge always bothered me. Didn't faze Jerry. I guess.
This bridge sounds great! And none of the strings touch the intonation screws when intonated. Low E just misses it.
However, it does look like all the strings are tight against the bottom rear of all the saddles on the way thru the holes. I have to look closer with a light. Not a problem because its solid and not able to vibrate. Ala Jerry's bridge!
Thanks again, Waldo! :cool:
waldo041 liked this
 #164368  by tntawney
 Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:52 pm
This is another Start I put together awhile ago. It has a 90's Strat Plus body that had a swimming pool route, Fender Select tiger flamed neck, and John Mann PRS style bridge. Someone had the pickguard made from AO guitars for their Jerry inspired guitar and ended up selling it on Reverb. I tried one of those Fishman rechargable battery packs instead of a 9v battery. It works pretty well.